UT2004 Demo SOON

Discussion in 'Games' started by iAmAzN, Feb 2, 2004.

1. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

www.planetunreal.com

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I played it at MWSF on a dual 2gig g5 running the Radeon 9800 Mac Special Edition. It ran awsome, I might just have to dump $400 on the radeon9800MSE to replace the 9600 in my dual 2gig. It was a blast to play, can't wait for the demo, I'm sure it won't run as well on my 9600:(. Oh well, I don't use this computer for gaming anyway, I use it for rendering.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I can only hope it'll run much smoother than Halo.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

boy do i agree with that, you can blame bungie or Microsoft or Macsoft but the bottom line is that was a piss pot poor job with so many issues it aint funny. I was going to preorder UT2004 but after seeing that crap Halo coming out of Macsoft and then them doing a patch of 20 some odd things and then finding out the patch version is slower then the original crap I have decided to wait and see what happens. Halo still dont even allow full keyboard use. all of this is probably Microsofts doing since they dont know what it means to get it right, Also I want to hear about G5 optimization.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Since MacSoft doesn't write any code, the performance cannot be directly attributed to them.

They should, however, make certain the development/porting team knows their dissatisfaction.

I expect that Epic and Ryan Gordon will provide a solid game that will work quite a bit better than Halo. Had Bungie been able to start with their original code, perhaps Halo would have been more than acceptable.

6. robbybogers macrumors member

UT2004 out in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

Ok I was just at Babbages and was talking to the sales guy about UT2004 for the Mac and he said it would be out in 2 weeks. He then said he was suprised to see that it would be released for the mac a month before the pc version. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

8. robbybogers macrumors member

9. iAmAzN thread starter macrumors 6502

yea, i saw somewhere that the Mac, Linux, and PC versions will be released around the same time, give or take a day

10. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i just read about a UT 2004 demo coming out... but i thought that was only for PC? that sure would be sweet if a Mac demo came out at the same time. :D