UT2004 Input Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by eXan, Jan 8, 2006.

1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Hey, I love how fast my iMac handles UT2004, but one thing REALLY confuses me - sometimes (very often) in a firefight or or not, the input (keyboard & mouse) start to slow down. E.g. I move my mouse, but in-game it moves after a few moments (maybe after 0.2-0.5 seconds). Same with the keyboard. Hmm... this never happened before on my eMac, but on iMac this happens :confused: :mad: . I also saw this happening on my sister's PC (2.4 GHz P4, 512 RAM, GF5200 PCI 64 MB (or 128 MB, just dont remember) and these slowdowns were even more noticable (maybe even 0.8 seconds).

Any help?? BTW, I play offline with Godlike bots @ 1024x640 MAX if that helps.

:confused:

I don't want to be beated by bots becasue of this!!

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I noticed it with both of my systems from 10.4 through 10.4.2 but only the PowerBook, which has low RAM does it with 10.4.3. It appears, in my case, to be something to do with virtual memory since I only have 512 MB in the PB.

Are you running several other applications while you're running UT2004?

3. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

No, I usually try to get maximum performace out of my Mac, so I don't even have iTunes running. As you probably already noticed I have 1.5 GB of RAM, so RAM is not where the problem lies. I played this game on eMac with 640 MB RAM and this never happened to me. Maybe 10.4.4 will fix this?

BTW which version of the game you're running? I have 3355

I'll try to play UT04 on my eMac again to make sure it doesnnot happen

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

...which doesn't correct the problem. I have the same problem too. It's not VM, it's not your graphics card. Check out my G5 specifications. It's just a bug.

6. eXan thread starter macrumors 601

eXan

It's the worst bug I've ever seen :mad:

I played a bit of 6v6 Onslaught today and this problem didn't occur yet. Good.