UT2004 key - I lost it.

Discussion in 'Games' started by jackieonasses, Jan 25, 2005.

1. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Okay I have a problem. I bought UT2004 about 9 months ago, and Since then lost the key. It was taped on the outside box, and now i am left with the manual and the original cd and jewel case. Now, how do i go about doing this? Could i call them and give them some number on either one of those documents? When i wiped my hard drive i forgot about that so ya, Tell me the best way to get my key back.

Thanks in advance....

kyle

2. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

You could try to call them. Not sure if they'll believe you, but at least it is worth a shot..

3. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

They may ask for proof of some sort, like something from the manual.

4. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

This will probably sound daft but are you sure it was on the out side of the box only. It just seems a very strange place to put a serial number where anybody with an illegal copy of the disk can see it and use it.
    All the european UT2004 serial numbers are on the inside jacket of the manual itself.
    I think if you contacted them you would have to provide proof of purchase such as a receipt before they took any action.

5. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

if you have it installed on any computer you can probably find it within the .app. But im guessing you don't.

6. jackieonasses thread starter macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I know its weird. It was *only* on the box. I have the receipt though. IT is the online one (cause i bought it off the internet. So they wouldn't mind?

7. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Try it out and see. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

8. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

If you still have got your reciept, I'm sure they will find a solution

9. applekid macrumors 68020

Just contact MacSoft. They'll help you out. They probably will ask for proof(s) of purchase (which may just be a photocopy of part of the manual, the CD label, the jewel case, or the receipt).

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

if you cant get it back a pc UT 2k4 cd key works too so you could just buy one off ebay for much less than the mac version costs

11. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

That's a bummer. I've had good experiences with companies about this thing though, even with MS. Good luck.

12. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

Why did they put it on the manual anyway, thats such a pain. I brought my computer and games from college when we had break (except of course the box for UT2k4). So when I went to reinstall at home I couldn't. I'm gonna tape the serial to the jewel case now. Once you get it back, I suggest you do the same, along with everyone else.