UT2004 Mod loader

Discussion in 'Games' started by Soulstorm, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I want a wayt to load mods under UT2004. The program will not load mods through the "community" session. So, is there any program I can find on the net? I used to have one, but I don't remember where I found it!

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

4. Striderdm1 macrumors regular

Striderdm1

wot do u mean? And which mods?
    for example, to make Strike Force work i've simply use the terminal and 'cd' my way to Ut2004's system folder (after installing StrikeForce of course).
    Then i'd launch using this terminal command:
    ./ut2004-bin -mod=StrikeForce

This method always works for those mods who's folders goes inside the UT2004 package, like: StrikeForce, NeoTokyo, Fraghouse Invasion, etc, etc..

Some mods like Carball have all their individual files installed into the current UT folders.. So it's maps files go inside the current maps folder, it's animations files go inside the animations folder, etc, etc, etc.. Then Carball is launched from the standard Instant Action menu option that you'd normally see from doubleclicking the Ut2004 icon.

HTH? :}

5. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I meant an application which can open all the available mods fot UT2004 which are installed inside it.

Seems you make it with the hard way... I found what I was looking for. Maybe you should check it out.

This is it

6. Striderdm1 macrumors regular

Striderdm1

yea i've already got that one, but not used for a while. iirc it only works with so many mods.. can't remember tho tbh. I use the Terminal way cos it's quicker for me, though i have saved out a little AppleScript that also works as my own mod-launcher. I don't know AppleScript but here's how simple it is:

do shell script "/Applications/Unreal\\ Tournament\\ 2004.app/System/ut2004-bin -mod=Domain"

This is for Domain2049, just make sure you save it out as an *application* though and you've a mod launcher. Either method works with all my mods, just my personal taste that's all.. :)

What mods are you playing anyhow?

7. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Damnation, Unreal4E, Alien Swarm.

Waiting for Defence alliance...

8. Striderdm1 macrumors regular

Striderdm1

ahh i've been waiting for the ut2004 version for a long while now. The ut99 release was pretty good iirc, but it was that long ago now.. :/
    Also just tried Blue Moon Rising which is pretty cool. Keeping my eyes on a handful more, two of which are Out Of Hell and Rc Racing.
    But tbh these days i'm more interested in Doom3 mods, two cool looking ones are: Believe and Hexen Edge Of Chaos. Just awesome:D