UT2004 mods...

Discussion in 'Games' started by comictimes, Feb 16, 2005.

1. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

OK, so I've been downloading new character models for UT 2004 recently (it's really fun- there are some awesome models out there... :p ), and in general it works really well. You just put the files in their correct folders, and everything works perfectly. However, there is this one model that I really want which downloads as just one ".ut4mod" file. I know that there is a program for PC's which you can use to install these. But does anyone know of a similar thing for macs that I can use?

thanks

2. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Use my Santaduck Toolpak for Mac UT2004, specifically the application "DropUModOut". You'll be given a choice of extracting files, or installing to UT2004. The third option (to application support userhome area), is not recommended due to some bugs in Mac UT2004 (it doesn't look there for some files).

Download it here at Macologist:
    http://www.macologist.org/dload.php?action=file&file_id=31

Remember that the Community Mods Menu in Mac UT2004 is broken, so you'll need to launch via Unix Terminal commandline, or use one of our dedicated launchers, which we've made for many mods. If the one you require is not listed, post a request to our Requests Forums, or make your own with the UT2004 Mod Launching Applescript listed in our Knowledgebase.

For this, as well as custom content and OS X installers for full conversion mods, you can look at our Downloads:
    UT2004 Mod files for Mac OS X installers and dedicated launchers.
    UT2004 Custom content for Mac Including OS X installers for all Community Bonus Packs

3. comictimes thread starter macrumors 6502a

comictimes

4. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

np! The 'toolpak' btw was submitted to the Make Something Unreal cotnest under the Tools category in Phase 3, but I don't think the judges even opened it up, as it was the only mac entry in the entire competition I believe. (I could be wrong, there might have been one utility in an earlier phase for UT2003). Ah well, at least they gave out Honorable Mentions.

Also I want to warn you that the dropinstaller utility ignores .upl and .ucl files, so I haven't fixed that yet. The advantage of using DropInstaller (if there are not upl/ucl files) is that uninstallation data is saved, as well as having the option of color labeling the installed items for easy visual sorting.

Anyways I'm curious, which ut4mods were you installing?