UT2004 patch 3323 released

Discussion in 'Games' started by bousozoku, Sep 14, 2004.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

This comes both in x86 (Windows and Linux) and Mac OS X versions.

There seem to be many things fixed, especially with hosting and Onslaught games. It seemed a bit smoother on my busy system.

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

man i love ut, but my crappy graphics card rmakes ut run horribly and because the profile's graphic card is un upgradable i'm stuck..... o well maybe ina few years i'll buy a nice gaming rig.

Oh yeah unreal rocks

3. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

do you still need dvd in cdrom slot to play ? i think on pc and linux you didn't but on mac you did? did this get fixed with patch?
    :confused:

4. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

UT2004 is processor-bound mostly. The eMac's graphics card isn't that much different from my GeForce 4MX, which isn't that great. The only thing which saves me is having two processors.

The DVD is still required. I'm sure they'll remove the requirement once they've sold so many units. They did that for UT2003.

5. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

rrg... one of my friends screwed up some file neccessary to play UT, and now my dvd says there's a problem with the textures file, so I can't reinstall... hopefully using a disk cleaner thing will clear up thee problem, but if it doesn't, does anyone have any suggestions, or will I have to buy the game again ($40 was har to dish out the first time, a second would not be fun...)

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm sure they'll replace your DVD for 'free' (ie. you might need to pay manufacturing and delivery costs, but not a licence fee) if you explain what went wrong and prove that you already bought the game.

Edit: If you're tricky, you can probably manage to get the damaged files off BitTorrent. But that's all I'll say on the subject. No, that's not an invitation to send me a private message :eek:

7. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Apparently this fix speeds up loading times, and also allows you to play PC mods that you couldn't before.

AppleMatt

8. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

At my local CompUSA they have a G5 set up with UT2k4 on it. Out of curiosity, I took the CD out of there and popped it into a nearby eMac and installed it.

Wow, it runs alot better than I thought it would, even on highest settings. And heck, this is unpatched (Game or OS) so damn, the 9200 in the eMac must be sweet....or at least, ALOT better than the 7500 in my eMac. :(

(Mind you, the eMac had the stock 256MB)

9. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

I know what you mean. When I switched from the twinhead GeForce 2MX to a GeForce 4MX, I noticed quite a difference, even though the card isn't that much different.

10. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

My real beef with this game is that when I hit the F key the game locks up. Anyone know why this is?

11. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

It most likely has something to do with a USB microphone. They've been a problem for all sorts of issues.

12. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I am using my internal microphone....

13. xfauxsn macrumors newbie

xfauxsn

Where can I find this patch? I was looking on the UT Site.. they only have a Linux and a Windows Version. I would really like to get this patch...

14. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Look on http://www.versiontracker.com/ but http://www.macsoft.com/ should also have it.

15. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Haven't searched for it yet ... but since you guys are active tonight, I thought I may just post it. Do you Mac gamers have special servers, clans etc.... ?

16. a2daj macrumors member

Is this with a patched version of UT2K4 using the official patches? Or are you using the old OpenAL hack to get true multichannel sound?

17. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Its the real deal with that patch that just appeared.

No other hacks or anything...

18. crachoar macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid to install this thing...

So voip is broken again? :rolleyes: