UT2004 problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by telecomm, Jan 9, 2005.

1. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Hi folks,

I just recently got UT 2004, and the smaller maps are quite nicely playable on my Rev. B 12" PB. However, I've been having problems getting from one map to another automatically after a game. Say I'm playing a deathmatch and I finish a game, the next game will try to load, (and another map along with it), but then I get kicked out of unreal before that level has loaded.

After checking the console, I see the message (or some variation depending on the level)

UdpGamespyQuery DM-GESTALT.UdpGamespyQuery (Function IpDrv.UdpGamespyQuery.PreBeginPlay:0167) Assertion failed, line 58

History:

Exiting due to error

Any ideas?

Oh, and I'm running 10.3.7 with the latest (3339 I think) game patch.

2. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

are you playing online or offline? Not that it makes a total difference, I haven't the slightest idea what that error might mean.

[Ok so upon closer inspection the 'Gamespy' stuff is what UT uses to collect server info, so I'm guessing that you're playing online. Still not quite sure what to do about it. You may try renaming your 'server.ini' file to something else. UT should create another. To find it you'll need to open up the UT package (right click or ctrl+click UT2004).

Attached Files:

3. telecomm thread starter macrumors 65816

telecomm

I'm playing offline, but over a campus LAN (my computer is acting as a listening server).

4. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

5. telecomm thread starter macrumors 65816

telecomm

Yeah.

6. mjharper macrumors newbie

Had the same problem…

And spent a couple of hours searching the net, forums, reinstalling UT, that sort of thing.

Finally solved the problem by going into Host Game > Server Rules and disabling Advertise Server.

I guess (from the description of Advertise Server) that UT2004 was searching for an internet connection to advertise on, and quits when it doesn't find one.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm posting in case anyone else comes across the same issue and needs some help, like I did this morning…