UT2004 Retail ISSUES!

Discussion in 'Games' started by dogus1, Apr 20, 2004.

1. dogus1 macrumors newbie

All in all, UT2004 is very playable, especially offline, with my 15'' AL PB 1.25ghz.

However, I'm having some issues online --

With the voice chat, when I press the F key to start talking over the internet, the game crashes! And the incoming voice messages I receive are all garbled and cannot be understood! Any clue how to fix these problems?

Also, how does one alter the anti-aliasing and aniscopic filtering settings with a Mac grahpics card? I have no idea how to do this as I would with a PC... I don't see any menu within my system that controls the card, like there would be with a PC. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS POINT, as I'm very confused as to how to fully control my GPU within OS X.

THANKS

2. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Well, voice chat issues are known to pretty much everyone. As well as spinning manta bug. I think they will fix them with the next patch. My voice chat works, but I heard many cases where people complained about performance or even crashes issues.

AA can be adjusted 2 ways. If you have a retail Ati 9800 Pro card, it comes with control panel software that allows you to override any game settings and turn on AA and tune up other things as well. The second way to do it (for those w.o 9800pro retail) is to find an .ini file and set it aa to 2-6 (located @ user/appsupport/ut2004/system/UT2004.ini).
    However, considering the speed of your computer and you graphics card, I'd strongly advise you NOT to touch AA at all. UT2k4 demo had inferrior textures and turning AA didn't generate a huge drop in FPS. But in retail version, it will. And most importantly 4x aa in retail produce such a small difference, you won't even notice it easily. Happy Fragging!

3. TeeJay macrumors newbie

Yeah there are several bugs in the retail version of UT2004, most for me seem to come in the onslaught game mode. I also get a bug where it forgets my internet connection settings everytime I quit the game.

If you need to report these bug, you need to go here:

https://bugzilla.icculus.org/

and report them. :D