UT2004 retail version can't be installed

Discussion in 'Games' started by bousozoku, Apr 2, 2004.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I bought UT2004 at CompUSA today and the price was even $39.99.

I've been trying to install it and it gets to the licence agreement statement and quits. MacSoft's UT2004 support says to disconnect iSight or any USB microphone you might have.

I already disconnected the headset weeks ago when I tried the demo. I just disconnected and/or powered off every USB device except for the keyboard and mouse. I even tried the original Apple mouse instead of the Logitech trackball but it doesn't like any combination of things.

Any other ideas?

2. xRob2k4x macrumors newbie

Maybe you need a better computer

Maybe you dont meet the requirements

3. couch potato macrumors regular

no i dont think its requirments. it would install, just reaaaalllyyy slow, probably not run. thats so weird. have you checked macsoft's site?

4. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

I really am not sure what the problem is but did you uninstall the demo before trying to install. Not sure if it would cause problems but it might.

5. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

6. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Yes, I checked MacSoft's site. That's how I knew to disconnect the USB devices. The problem where the demo wouldn't run is now a problem with the installer. That's also where I got the second installer that AppleMatt linked.

Strictly speaking, a dual G4/800 could be considered less than a single G4/933, but as with UT2003, there is dual processor support, but I doubt the installer would care. Of course, it shouldn't care about USB devices, either.

I deleted whatever I had from the demo since, after installing the patch, my audio had all sorts of nasty problems. Maybe there is something invisible but I have yet to find it. (Invisible items start with a full stop/period, if you didn't know.)

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

7. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

wait so you cant use usb mikes when playing?!?!?

8. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

That was a problem with the demo. I don't know whether it's a problem with the retail version but the installer doesn't like them. Why does the installer care? Who knows?!?!

I e-mailed Ryan Gordon. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear from me. :D

9. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Ryan has asked me to try a few things, but nothing has brought success.

Is anyone else having trouble with installation?

I had a complete meltdown of my system since then, but re-installing Mac OS X has not changed the results at all.

10. bonk macrumors member

I didnt have any problems with the installer, and the game ran fine for a few days. now I cant get it to start. I get the splash screen, then it quits, just like the macsoft site says - only it still doesnt work after I unhook uverything (including my isight - dont have a usb mic). I unplugged my scanner, my external FW HD, my digital cam dock.... still wont run.

hurry up with a patch!

[dual 2, 9800]

11. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Well, the installer is about halfway done now. Ryan tried many things and he was even going to log into my machine to debug, but apparently my ISP has the port closed since I opened it in the firewall control.

Anyway, the bug is an Apple issue. Since Panther, my keyboard has been the Roman Alphabet for Japanese. Once I was able to force it to U.S. English, the installer worked fine.