UT2K3 out any day now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Stelliform, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

This thread makes reference to UT2K3 being released after 10.2.5. Since 10.2.5 is out, does that mean UT2K3 is due out any day?

2. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Man, I hope so. I've been dying to try out my new system with unreal. I was addicted to UT when it came out, I'm sure, I'll be the same with UT2k3....

I'm just jealous that PC users got it before I did.

3. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i can smell it coming!

i check the ut2k3 message boards multiple time a day waiting for this release. PLEEEEAAAAAASE let it come out soon!!! i'm dying over here!!!!!

4. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I have played UT2K3 on my PC, but I want to use it in native OS X so I haven't bought it yet. I wasn't impresssed by the program, but I really enjoy the mods that UT has. I was poking around today and I was glad to see that there are quite a few interesting mods out now for UT2K3.

I can't wait!

5. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

6. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    that is hilarious! i don't know. i've heard some people say it rocks and some people say it sucks. IMO it's a totally different game but a familiar feel. but i love it and i can't wait till the day it comes out for OS X.

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

It is never coming.

No really it is coming, it will just be un-expected, like out of the blew someone gets a mac order catalog and on the front has UT2K3, I swear so much damned secrecy.

8. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

but why?

Why all the secrecy? I mean, it's not like apple where they need to sell of existing product or anything. Eh, I guess we know that it IS coming soon, so I shouldn't complain much.

Also, when UT2K3 comes out, anyone here know if someone could host a server for us MacRumors members? I'd love to play against you guys rather than a bunch of random guys (and gals, I know they're gamers too....).

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: but why?

It aint apple's fault for games, the best thing they can do it make them easier to port or for dev. to make it. :D

If it aint too complaced, I suppose there would be many people to host, 24/7 is another story, if it doesn't own too much CPU I suppose I could... :D

10. Chef Ramen macrumors member

the only way i will get UT2k3 for mac is if i get a new mac...you really need the power to push the graphics capabilities to the extreme...that with high framerates and a good mouse make for amazing game play!

anybody remember the kitchen/bedroom/church boards from UT? theyve made their way onto UT2k3...only better:D

11. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

12. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

awesome....

Oh, hell yes! This is damn good news! Thanks Stelliform!

13. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

IT IS ALIVE!!!!

IT IS ALIVE!!!!

OMG, I was expecting like next year, BUT IT IS ACUALLY COMMING.

*gasp*

[​IMG]

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I just read somewhere else that there were many OpenGL fixes made in 10.2.5 which allowed the frames per second to run at such a rate that performance was acceptable for UT 2003.

15. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Dont be too excited. I just played the PC demo on my new gaming pc. It ran great, but it wasnt all that ufn.

16. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

well....

if UT2K3 is anything like UT, I'll be damn happy.

17. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

We are all game starved Mac-ites any games such as this one will look like the holy grail good or not.

18. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

It's very rare that these games come our way (mac game fans). I, like the rest of us, am alittle excited. I was a big fan of the first one. Truth is, with the stress I was able to blow off because of playing it, I was able to get through college. So, I'm a lifelong fan. And, like I said, if it's anything like the first one (UT), then I'll be more than happy.

p.s. - Holy God! What kind of avatar do you have, MacBandit? That's funny!

19. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

No no no you're going to get me in trouble with everyone else. I'm just demi god not THE HOLY GOD.:D

It's just one more avatar in a long line of avatars that scrape the violent edge of decency. I'll have to edit it so that she shows physical damage and beats herself to death over time.

xlr8yourmac.com posted a early review of the ATI9700 the week before last and in it he said he would have ut2k3 the following week to do some more tests. Since then nothing. He hasn't posted any more on the subject though he's a week over due now.

20. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I got the same impression, but I do not think I will feel the same way about the full release version in its current form. The demo is basically UT with just one new game type. I found that the annoucer detracted from the experience. It was a little too much like Quake IMHO. However, the modders have had almost 6 months with it on the PC side. There looks like some cool stuff that they have released. Also the first Bonus Pack has been released. (Does anybody play UT without all of the updates? I doubt it because it is weak.)

So I think that the delay is ok, from my point of veiw, because I would have just gotten bored with it anyway. (In its initial release version.)

Now I can't wait. :)

21. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

KILL! KILL! KILL!

Bring this game ON!

(Bought a third 512mb RAM chip to max out my 933/Quicksilver tower this week... yep, bought it just 'cause good ol' UT is on the way! Hope my system can handle the madness. Anyone have the machinery requirements for UT2K3?)

22. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

come to think of it....

You're right about the mods. No one I know plays UT stock (or "without mods"). When the full mac version comes out, we can use the PC mods right? I can't remember if that's how it worked with UT.

I'm excited too because I just bought a dual 1.25 (FW800) and a GeForce4 Ti card. I bought it mainly for work, but I can not wait to see UT2K3's frame rate on it.

Maybe I should start another thread, but I want to see what everyone's favorite mods were for UT.

23. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Ya know I was reading that and it hit me. I've known for a few weeks that they have been waiting for 10.2.5 for UT2K3 because of a problem with OpenGL and ATI cards. Well what if Apple and ATI caused the delay on the ATI9700 on purpose. Maybe they delayed it so they wouldn't have screaming customers complaining that there ATI9700 doesn't work as advertised.

If this is the case that means we should be getting video card updates sooner and faster now that the system problems has been cured.

24. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

MacBandit:

Will you reveal your sources for avatar material?