UT2K4 Mods

Discussion in 'Games' started by actripxl, May 22, 2004.

1. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

Like to know if we can install some mods that are in zip format. Red Orchestra looks pretty cool for a mod and I'd like to try it out.

2. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

You should be able to install it just fine. Just extract it and put all the files in the correct places (the readme should say). I'm actually downloading the mod right now (it's over 400 megs!), so I'll post back if I have any grief...

3. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

4. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I'll just bump this one more time to say the latest windows version of UT2004 got rid of the CD check... but it's still there for the mac version... :(

I don't get it, they remove the CD check for the PC version, but make it even stricter so we can't eject the DVD for the mac version? Are they trying to say mac people pirate more or something?

5. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    as per ut2k3, they'll take the cd check off. it just take ryan some time to port patches. i say be patient. ;) i tried red orchestra a long time ago when it was just starting to be developed as a ut2k3 mod and it ran insanely slow but i'm willing to guess they've sped it up by now... looks really cool, might have to try it out.

6. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i dislike that ut2004 patch that came out, it restricted me from some servers for some reason.. and it was very glitchy

7. actripxl thread starter macrumors 6502

actripxl

Ill try and download the patch, let you guys know how it runs.