UT2k4 no DVD/CD issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by turbojugend, Jun 1, 2004.

1. turbojugend macrumors member

Hey guys,

I installed the 3204 patch for UT2k4, which amongst other things should relieve me of having to have the UT2k4 DVD in my machine while playing. Well, it does'nt, in my case. ( BTW I downloaded the patch before it was "official", from Ryan Gordons website.) Do you guys experience the same thing, or does it work for you? :confused:

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's likely that you'll have to keep using the DVD until there are enough sales for them to approve removing the requirement.

Apparently, there had been a loophole in the current requirement that would allow someone to start UT2004 and then, eject the DVD for someone else to use and that has been changed.

3. turbojugend thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, Ok, thanks. I wish they had bothered to change that in the changelog, which clearly states that "CD/DVD not required to play".

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I haven't seen that for UT2004. They removed the restriction for UT2003 not lon ago.

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

That sounds like the change log from the PC update. The Mac update still requires the DVD/CD.

6. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    yeah i got fooled by that too since UT2K4 on my PC no longer needs a CD. but it looks like Ryan just used the changelog from the PC version and didn't change it. doh!

7. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I'll be looking forward to them removing the DVD check... I'm sick of using the dummy image I made. I mean, who wants to pirate UT2K4 anyways? It's all about online play.

8. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

On the PC version I don't need the CD anymore since I got the patch.

9. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

As we noted above this is a feature of the PC update but not the current Mac update.

10. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Well I think if they maybe optimized the game more for a mac more people would buy it. Its a great game don't get me wrong, but it needs to be a bit more optimized. On my comp. it runs pretty well except for big files have lag. And I'm running an AMD Duron (Morgan) 1.10 GHz. Well AMD does have more floating point poplines, thats why I choose AMD over Intel, but thats beyond the scope of this thread. How many floating point pipelines does G4 and G5 processors have?