UT2K4 Specifics...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Soulstorm, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Feb 1, 2005
    I would like to ask anyone a few questions, about how to turn on some options in UT2004.

I saw some pc screenshots and I noticed that they were definitely having FSAA on. But in mac there isn't any option. How can I turn this on? Is there any way? Also, I noticed that vehicles don't leave shadows on the ground.

In addition, I had visited a site that instructs you about how you can alter hidden options in UT2004 by changing the UT2K4/System/UT2004.ini file. I noticed that the default renderer in the file is Direct3D! But changing this to OpenGL has no performance effect on me...

I have seen the PC version of the game, but to tell the truth, I haven't search about the FSAA option in the PC version so I don't know if it exists or not. But all images I have seen have FSAA enabled, that's for sure.

Can anyone help?

My system (in case that you ask)
    G5 Dual 2.5 GHz
    1 GByte RAM
    ATI 9600 XT
    Panther 10.3.7
  2. socamx macrumors 6502

Oct 7, 2004
    Download and install the ATi Displays from www.ati.com under the drivers section.

The 3d overrides will let you turn of FSAA, and the like. But you have a very weak graphics card so don't expect fsaa to run good.

Also FSAA can be turned on by tweaking the ini settings, but ATi displays is much easier to do with with, and because you have an ATi card just do it this way.

Also the real ini for 2k4 on the mac is stored here:
    /users/youruserfolder/Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004/System/ut2004.ini

The one inside the game itself is not used.
  3. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Is there no way to turn AA on through the console or the .ini file for those with nVidia cards?

I know the OP has an ATI card, so it doesn't concern him/her, but what about those with nVidia cards?
  4. socamx macrumors 6502

Oct 7, 2004
    You can turn FSAA on for nvidia cards through the ini file, thats about it.

You can find this information in tweak guides, pc or mac versions, they both work the same way.

You might also be able to do anistropic filtering via ini settings too.

But as far as I know there are no console commands.