Utilites Folder....GONE!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Metatron, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Metatron macrumors 6502

Metatron

I don't have a clue how, or why, but my utilites folder is gone. I didn't realize it until I went to open terminal to open x11 to get into one of are sun servers. How can I get it back without screwing everything up? Hell, will my computer even boot without that folder?

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Sure, no problem. There's nothing system critical there. I made a custom boot CD and it doesn't have that folder. You obviously won't have access to any of the apps there though.

Maybe you could manually copy it from the Install CD? I'm not sure how it's layed out there...

Edit: Actually, I could check. You can find some stuff (Disk Utility, Terminal, etc.) in the Applications folder on the CD/DVD.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm...have you spotlighted for any of the relevant programs? Folders don't really just disappear.... :( Perhaps it got moved by accident or something like that?

4. Metatron thread starter macrumors 6502

Metatron

yeah, I looked. I don't delete folder, at least not Utilites. I wonder if someone has been messing with my laptop. I was out of the office for most of the day.

My only fear about finding it on the CD and dragging it is that it might not work with all the updates that I have installed compared to the origional software.

5. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Hmmmm... just drag them from the CD. It won't change anything, you'll be OK.

6. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Sorry, but I just had to say to mkrishnan that his photography is awesome.. in his sig. very good work.

Back to the OP's question :eek: