Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pbelmore

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Seattle, WA
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question (which will be a big no) but I figured I'd ask anyway. Is there any sort of utility out there to scan two libraries on two computers and tell you which tracks are duplicates? I currently have a lot of music on my desktop and some on my PowerBook, but there is some overlap as well as some different things, and I'd like a quick way to erase the duplicate songs from the PowerBook.

I know this is asking a lot, but just thought I'd see if such a crazy thing existed.

A.Fairhead

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2006
England
I can think of none :eek:

Keeping your libaries organised will save you the hassle of getting confused with these sorts of things, though. Assuming that most of your music consists of albums and/or compilations, searching for those albums/compilations will soon get you through the music.

Of course, the easiest thing to do would be to keep one machine as your 'master' volume for music, and transfer bits over to your other one as and when you feel necessary (basically, treat one of the machines like an iPod).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.