Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Most of the times i close it it freezes to quitting... so each time i have to force quit it in order to close it... any solution?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Have you made sure it is not actually writing the data to HDD before it actually quits?
You can look at Activity Monitor > Disk Activity to monitor ... disk activity.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the
MR_Edit_GoAdvanced_button.png
button below your message.

PS: Images don't show up signatures, thus you only see that link, unless that is the way you want it.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Transmission is a better torrent client for OS X. I'd recommend using that.
Oh nonsense.

All torrent managers do basically the same thing. Let's not have one of those childish, "Mine is better than yours" topics.

utorrent user for years. Nary a hiccup.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Oh nonsense.

All torrent managers do basically the same thing. Let's not have one of those childish, "Mine is better than yours" topics.

Actually Transmission is WAY better! I also used uTorrent for years...then I started using Transmission because it is better. It is more stable, its actually written for mac (uTorrent won't work in Mountain Lion...no X11). Sounds like you are being childish, not being able to accept an alternate solution.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Oh nonsense.

Listen, he complained that utorrent was crashing and freezing. I offered an alternative which I know from experience to be a good torrent client. That is that. I was certainly not starting a "childish 'mine is better than yours'" topic.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Have you made sure it is not actually writing the data to HDD before it actually quits?
You can look at Activity Monitor > Disk Activity to monitor ... disk activity.

Every time before i quit i stop torrent downloading or clear the ones that have been downloaded.

I was using transmission in the past until one day it stopped downloading torrents from eztv or piratebay... suddenly and with no reason.

I am not the only one with that problem. A guy in the topic below gives a solution but i dont get it:
http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=105021

Press CMD + OPT + ,
Go to the Advanced tab, then go down to where it says "bt.graceful_shutdown and change the value to false.

Last edited:

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Press CMD + OPT + ,
Go to the Advanced tab, then go down to where it says "bt.graceful_shutdown and change the value to false.
Thanks for that tip!
Perhaps you know of a solution to the following? I am running Version 2.0.2 (26717) on a MacBook Pro.
At startup, uTorrent shows the "All" torrents on the left for a bit, then switches to "Share". Is there anyway to stop it doing that? I never use Share and that never happened on older versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.