uTorrent

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DJTaurus, May 18, 2012.

1. DJTaurus, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012

macrumors 6502a

DJTaurus

Most of the times i close it it freezes to quitting... so each time i have to force quit it in order to close it... any solution?

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you made sure it is not actually writing the data to HDD before it actually quits?
    You can look at Activity Monitor > Disk Activity to monitor ... disk activity.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

PS: Images don't show up signatures, thus you only see that link, unless that is the way you want it.

3. macrumors G3

roadbloc

Transmission is a better torrent client for OS X. I'd recommend using that.

4. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Oh nonsense.

All torrent managers do basically the same thing. Let's not have one of those childish, "Mine is better than yours" topics.

utorrent user for years. Nary a hiccup.

5. macrumors 68030

Actually Transmission is WAY better! I also used uTorrent for years...then I started using Transmission because it is better. It is more stable, its actually written for mac (uTorrent won't work in Mountain Lion...no X11). Sounds like you are being childish, not being able to accept an alternate solution.

6. simsaladimbamba

Strange, as it is not X11 dependent.
    [​IMG]

7. macrumors 68030

Well its nice that they release a native client...but as soon as they started reporting stats to the MPAA and the RIAA I dropped them like a hot potato!!!

8. macrumors G3

roadbloc

Listen, he complained that utorrent was crashing and freezing. I offered an alternative which I know from experience to be a good torrent client. That is that. I was certainly not starting a "childish 'mine is better than yours'" topic.

9. DJTaurus, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012

thread starter macrumors 6502a

DJTaurus

Every time before i quit i stop torrent downloading or clear the ones that have been downloaded.

I was using transmission in the past until one day it stopped downloading torrents from eztv or piratebay... suddenly and with no reason.

I am not the only one with that problem. A guy in the topic below gives a solution but i dont get it:
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=105021

Press CMD + OPT + ,
    Go to the Advanced tab, then go down to where it says "bt.graceful_shutdown and change the value to false.

10. macrumors 65816

Thanks for that tip!
    Perhaps you know of a solution to the following? I am running Version 2.0.2 (26717) on a MacBook Pro.
    At startup, uTorrent shows the "All" torrents on the left for a bit, then switches to "Share". Is there anyway to stop it doing that? I never use Share and that never happened on older versions.