UTX - whats going on?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mrjamin, Aug 6, 2003.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

I read somewhere that someone is picking up where [whoever-it-was] left of with the OSX port of Unreal Tournament. I'm still using the latest release of UTX that was released some time ago, but it'd be great to see a full port. Any news anyone?

2. job macrumors 68040

job

This person who single handedly ported UT2k3, picked up the port for the original Unreal Tournament.

3. mstecker macrumors 6502

Why would you care about UT when UT2003 is out and officially supported on OSX?

4. job macrumors 68040

job

I've played both and honestly I enjoyed the original UT in terms of pure gameplay and atmosphere. Obviously graphics are a different story.

Mods man! It's also all about the mods! :p

5. mrjamin thread starter macrumors 65816

mrjamin

me too. i bought ut2k3 for my pc and really don't like it so i don't wanna splash out on the mac one.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Some time back, Westlake handed over the work to the Unreal Tournament Preservation Group. They're in control of the other platforms' versions too. Hopefully, Ryan, who did the UT2003 port, will be able to get UT going on Mac OS X properly.

7. Santiago macrumors regular

Accoriding to an article on InsideMacGames.com, he needs a copy of CodeWarrior 7 to continue working on it. Anyone got a spare?