V600: Bluetooth Mobile Phone Set Up - Use with address book greyed out

Discussion in 'macOS' started by swiftaw, May 10, 2005.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Now that I have Tiger I am happy that I can connect my Motorola V600 to iSync via Bluetooth, however, in the Bluetooth Set Up, the option to Use with Address Book is greyed out, so I cannot send SMS via my Mac.

Is this something I am doing wrong or is the Use with address book feature not supported on the V600?

2. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

My 6620 is not supported in address book either.

3. swiftaw thread starter macrumors 603

swiftaw

Is there a list somewhere of phones that are/aren't supported by address book because clearly it is different to the list that is supported by iSync.

4. swiftaw thread starter macrumors 603

swiftaw

Has anyone got their bluetooth phone working in the Tiger address book?

If so what phone? Does anyone know what phones are supported/not supported in address book?

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I wonder if it's something odd about BT setup. I also have the V600, and if I go to configure it (it's already paired) both the "use with address book" and "set up iSync..." are grayed out - even though I use iSync with my phone for both calendars and contacts without any issues.

Or am I missing something obvious here? :p

It might be worth noting that, upon upgrading to Tiger, I did have to delete my pre-existing V600 BT pairing to get Tiger to play nice with the phone.

6. dirtymatt macrumors member

The V600 only will sync with your contacts under Tiger. It will not work with address book period. It looks like this is due to some pretty awful bugs on the phone. It does not support sending caller id info to a computer, and has this fun bug where after it gets a phone call, it will just keep sending RING commands to the computer until you hit the hangup button on the cell phone. There are work arounds for both of these issues, but they're pretty hackish. I really can't blame Apple for not supporting the Motorola phones, even though I really wish they would. I'm thinking about starting an open source project to basically impliment the same features address book gives you, but not until classes are over for this term.

Does anyone know if Address Book supports cell phone plugins? If so it probably shouldn't be too hard to write a driver for all Motorola phones.