vaiok13/ibook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Lord ZipLoc, May 4, 2005.

1. Lord ZipLoc macrumors newbie

Well I have a sony vaio k13 laptop with a Pentium 4 2.8ghz 533fsb cup 512mb pc2700 ram a 64mb integrated video card radeon igm345 40gb 4200rpm hard drive its fairly powerfull but huge
    So being that I am going to college in a few months I think I will buy an ibook
    Now lets assume they upgrade the ibook to 1.33ghz g4 power pc cup a 64mb core image capable video card like a 5200 and 256mb ram I will add a 512mb stick fro a total of 768mb of ram
    How will the performance compare to my vaio which isn’t two bad it terms of games when I play return to castle wolfenstein on low/medium detail there is some lag and it would not play farcry what should I expect from the ibook also in Photoshop changing the compression of a large jpeg (over 10mbs) does take some time and will freeze the vaio if I try to do too much more. Every day takes like web browsing email the vaio flys ibook would be the same I assume.
    I ahev searched the fourms for answers but haven’t found anything
    And one last off topic question I ahev some programs like dreamweaver mx 2004 studio Photoshop cs adobe creative suite that I installed on my vaio how can I tell if the cds will also work on a Mac
    Thanks
    roman

2. Lord ZipLoc thread starter macrumors newbie