Valentines Day Successes

Discussion in 'Community' started by Macaddicttt, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Okay, we've seen a few not-so-happy threads on the subject of Valentines Day. Let's here some success stories. I know I've a had a good one. So let's here some good ones. :)

(And keep them clean... :p )

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

45 minutes and no responses yet? Why am I not surprised...

3. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Someone has to have had a good Valentines Day...

Okay, I'll share mine, although it wasn't that incredibly good. It was still good though. One of the better days recently.

So right now my girlfriend lives in Norway, while I'm in the States, so we don't get to see each other very often. So for Valentines Day, I sent her a little something I wrote for her (a letter and poem decorated with drawings) and I sent her some flowers.

I told her not to open the letter I sent until the afternoon (assuming that the flowers would have gotten there by then and because the poem sort of was connected with the flowers). So she was really confused by that because she couldn't see how it would matter when she opened the envelope. I assured her it would make sense.

So, we are talking online with webcams in iChat today and I'm trying to see if the flowers got there (I was wary about sending flowers in Norway...) without giving them away (she really didn't expect them even though flowers are the oldest gift in the book...). So I somehow managed to gather that the flowers hadn't gotten there yet since she was confused about why I made her wait until the afternoon to open the letter.

So I'm having a good time teasing her about being confused and asking cryptic questions as she's trying to figure out why I made her wait. But then the doorbell rings, she goes and answers it, and it was the flowers (at about 9:00 PM her time. :eek: ). So instead of it turning out how I wanted it to with her opening the card after the flowers got there, it turned out even better as I got to see her getting the flowers and it was as close as I could get to actually giving them to her personally.

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

well, the day is not over yet in the u.s...

wait until tomorrow. ;)

5. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Yeah, maybe I started this thread prematurely...

I guess everything got pushed early since my girlfriend's in Norway where it is now 3:45 AM on the 15th and it's only 9:45 PM on the 14th here...

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It was a good Valentine's Day for me. My wife and I exchanged eCards. Visited our local Apple Store. I was on a Power Mac G5 2.5 for a while, I spent some of my time here in the forum.

Had a nice dinner at Charlie’s coffee, bread, whipped butter, Crabmeat Bisque, Chopped Beef, Mushroom Gravy, & Fresh red mashed potato. It was delicious.

7. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Good Valentines day for me. I bought my GF of two years an iPod mini and she took me out for dinner. My birthday is on Thursday and I know we got a box from Apple via Airborn Express today. She knows I have wanted a Mac mini since the day they came out and the box seems to be the perfect size which will make the perfect Valentines Day/birthday present!

8. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Macaddicttt, that was a great story! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for this thread. Yes, it was getting too...depressing fromt the "not so happy" threads

Mine didn't turn out the way I wanted it. My plan was to leave home early to pick up the flowers I ordered yesterday and then come back to suprise her. however, we got into an argument this morning. My anger got the best of me as I storm out of the house. But after pickin up the flower sand taking a long deep breath, I drove back home and suprised my wife. She loved them!

After coming home from work, she cooked me a yummy dinner and now we are ready for...oh sorry, I am suppose to keep it clean.

okay, lets hear other stories!!! :cool:

9. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. And I'm glad to hear you didn't let a little argument ruin the day for you. Happy Valentines Day! And have fun with the, uh... :eek:

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well my sweetheart and i are apart from one another on V-Day this year, which sucks, but the good thing is that we are still happy, and we are still deeply in love and thats all that matters. I miss her terribly, but i get to see her this friday which will be a great day!

11. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Good for you. Unfortunately I have to wait until July to see my girlfriend... :(

But it's still all good. I don't know why, but I'm really liking today. :)

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thank you, and i wish you and your girlfriend continued success as well

i think today is just a good day because, for me at least, it gives me a change to reflect and think about how lucky i am to have this amazing girl

13. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Because everybody who "succed" the day is having sex right now dude! :rolleyes:

14. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

It was a great valentines day for me!!! for me & me girl!! :)
    Successful, Simply great, I surprised her at her office with a small present and now looking forward to complete our goals together...

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Warning: don't read if you are very squeamish

I'm glad to say that my surprise this evening worked just as I had planned.

As I mentioned in another thread, my plan was to take my wife to a museum exhibit that I knew she wanted to see, but that she didn't know that I knew she wanted to see.

This morning, I told her it was Valentine's Day so I would take her to McDonalds for dinner. She said "uh, yeah, OK, I guess", obviously not thinking dinner at McDonalds sounded like such a great date idea.

I surprised her by coming home early from work and announcing that it was time to go to McDonald's. She grabbed her jacket and off we went. As we started to drive, I gave her a Valentine's Day card with a heart joke (a real heart diagram outside, with atriums and ventricles marked, and the message "I love you with all my heart" inside).

Inside the card were tickets to Body Worlds, an astounding science museum display. Volunteers donated their bodies upon their death to the exhibit, which uses a process called "plastination" to preserve them in a way such that their organs, muscles, and even their blood vessels can be displayed. One of the displays was a real human heart, so what could be more appropriate for Valentine's Day? (Note that it matched the card I gave her too.) It was fascinating, done in a style that was very respectful to the donors, and not gory or icky as I was worried it might be.

So my wife, who like me is interested in science, was very surprised and had a great time. Oh, and the museum snack shop is a McDonalds so she got a hamburger too!

16. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Apple Store... Great couldn't be any better

Really what better way to spend Valentines day... I just wish they had one out here in the Salt Lake Valley, Yeah

Great Valentines Day. Got My Girl of one year pink iPod mini, engraved of course... she absolutley loved it until she plugged it into her PC and couldn't get it to work... well we all have our flaws don't we...

17. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

My wife and I just watched the DVD from Body Worlds a few weeks ago. Amazing Stuff. I was actually going to take her down to LA to see the exhibit for our anniversary. Unfortunately, I come down with a bad cold that weekend and we couldn't make it.

For Valentine's day, I got her (us) tickets to see Steve Earle in San Francisco.

18. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I went to the exhibition in London and it was fascinating. Amazingly done. There was one exhibit though, of a pregnant woman reclining, that seemed to offend a few people judging from the comments book.

19. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

started dating a girl (casually) about a week and a half ago. had roses delivered to her apartment during the day yesterday. i went to her place around 8pm, we watched a movie (notting hill) and had a generally wonderful time together. looks like the start of something bigger, so far :)

20. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Interesting! I have never heard of Body World. Is there one in Connecticut or New York? Or somewhere in the New England area?

21. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Great to hear that you both are looking towards the future! She must have love the roses.

My advice, take it slow.

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thats great news, i hope things keep going well for the both of you and that a bigger/deeper relationship works out in the end

23. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    congratulations. yeah a nice quiet valentines is fun :) sometimes better than having to go out into the city and deal with the masses of valentines couples hehe

24. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I'm glad to see so many good stories about Valentines Day. At first when quite a bit of time passed before anyone replied, I was afraid that no one had a good Valentines Day. To all who have posted so far, I hope your relationships continue and here's to the future.

To those who haven't posted yet, let's here your stories!

25. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I know that this isn't exactly what you had in mind, but as it turns out, my wife and I were waiting to hear back from her doctor about some test results and frankly were expecting some bad news. The doctor called on Monday afternoon and said that the tests came back negative (which is good news), and so for us that was just about as good as it gets in terms of a Valentine's Day gift. ;)