Valentines day sucks.....

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacFan782040, Feb 13, 2005.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Or maybe it just sucks that after you bought gifts and just spent like an hour at walmart getting roses, you come home to a phone call that she dumps you. A day before valentines day... it hurts :(

but i guess it wasn't meant to be... and maybe i saw it coming. Maybe we were both trying to make something work that wasn't going to.

At least I get my money back

ahhh... whatev

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

that does suck, and im sorry to hear it, but maybe it wasnt meant to be as you say, dont let it get you down, its really just a stupid hallmark holiday if you ask me, but seriously look at the bright side, now you get to have the fun of going out and meeting new people, and you might just find the one, but at the very least you will find someone better and someone who appreciates you me thinks

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

What! that sucks dude! big time!

Sorry for that one, some people just do not get what they are doing to others but just think about that we are all learning, just forgive her for being so stupid and well, it was your turn to get that bullet, is not your fault. Tomorrow will be another day and you bet there are a huge amount of other fishes in the sea. Just give time, go out with a friend and get some beers that is it :D

Ps. It coudl be worse... at list you didn't go all the way to Germany to find out she was already living with some one else... that was happened to me. :(

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

return that stuff, buy some beer, get some guys and have a badass time. Then you can mourn :)

jon

5. Apple //e macrumors 6502

eh, you saw it coming......return everything, grab some booze and call some sluts.

girls are easy. all girls love sex. just be confident and tell them whats up.....just dont talk about computers, cuz then youd be a royal dork

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

7. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

My thoughts exactly.....

BEN

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

That's tough. The timing might not be the best but if you knew it was coming, it's probably a good thing that it happened sooner rather than later. Return the gifts, use the money to hang out with your buds and know that there are other people other there for you.

9. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

No, it doesn't suck, it would suck if you have a nice day today and she says "bye" tomorrow!! ...

10. Jdm_rsx macrumors 6502

im a pretty careful about these times..

we been together for about 3 years...and we have our fights, weekly, monthly and ya..it seems like its always about to fall apart but when you see her...everything is cool = )

i bought her 3 gifts this valentines...

first is perfume...which i gave on the 13th

then i claim thats the only gift i got...and tell her i hope you dont mind and the rest of the BS talk...

next is the card which i will give on the 14th

which will surprise her...hopefully = )

on the next day, 15th, i give her the main gift...which is the a cheapo ring from tiffanys on a cheapo necklace worn around the neck of an average sized teddy bear...

i usually tend to wait on the BIG EXPENSIVE GIFTS....just incase something happens...give her some disappointment then some excitement

anyone think what im doing is stupid? suggestions?

11. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Of course they do. They force starving third world kids to grow them in lieu of food.

12. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    'course it sucks.

It's only purpose is to ensure the 'smug marrieds' can go out for a night without seeing lots of singles having fun. Besides, if you're in a couple, it's far more important to be romantic all year around than have it forced upon you one day a year.

Anyone in a relationship knows it's Valentine's Day and should be cooing at one another oblivious to external stimuli, and anyone not in one doesn't particularly want to be reminded that they're single that day. So why on earth do all the radio stations/TV stations/newspapers insist on playing twee love songs and talking love all day ;)

And just for those who aren't feeling too romantic

Attached Files:

13. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

LMAO!!! Girls let the flaming begin!!!! ;)

Anyway man, that really sucks...I totally feel for you. The day before valentines...ugh! If it makes you feel better, I'm recently getting over a relationship...and I will be getting crap head wasted tonight to celebrate "black monday". OOHHH, Love sucks....

good luck buddy, and keep your head up.

14. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

:D

15. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Unlucky mate. I know how you feel... a year ago exactly I split with my gf of 4 years! Still, everything has a reason, and if we were still together I'd be living in Newcastle, miles away from my closest friends in a career which didn't seem to be going anywhere. Since we split I live in London, I've got a fantastic social life, all my closest friends from school and uni are down here and my career is going great - got the first job I applied for and got it! Its double what I used to earn, and I get the title and responsibilities I wanted for years but couldn't have achieved it up there!

So even though its a dark time at the moment, I'm sure a lot of good will come from it. Although it did take a long time to get back into the singleton frame of mind!!

Still, I'm off out tonight in a huge group of single friends, and we're gonna have a large one.
    And growl at couples :D

16. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar

haha that pic made me laugh my head off!!1

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

AppleSpider, would you happen to have a link to that pic? its wonderful

18. emw macrumors G4

emw

And it's secondary purpose is to make sure guys who have to travel for work on Valentine's Day feel guilty...

I'll be looking for Mr. Anderson out on the town in Warsaw tonight... ;)

19. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Oh No!!!

I called my significan other (Raquel) and she told me she got back with her ex bf!!!!

Today is a miserable day!!!

:.... (

lol

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Are there any MR members who care at all that it is Valentine's Day (aside from concerns that, if in a relationship, you'd better have gotten something or made plans)? In or out of relationships, I've never independently cared at all about this "holiday". It saddens those who wish they were in relationships but aren't, it pressures those who are in one to get some silly card or gift or go out to dinner. If you're in love, you don't need a day to prove it. If you're not, you don't need the reminder.

I think it's worthless. I always have, and I always will. Not because I'm not romantic, but because it just seems - and is - such a manufactured holiday that seems to have no benefit whatsoever to those who don't grow flowers, make chocolate, sell cards, or, I suppose, own restaurants.

21. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Afraid not - a single friend sent it to me last year and I came across it at the weekend while cleaning out my mailbox. I just have the jpg as attached above - sorry.

Edit - I'll check when I get home and see if I have a better version there and try to put it somewhere.

22. emw macrumors G4

emw

Yup - that parenthetical remark is the key. My wife is pretty cool about it. I'm out of town today and didn't even get her a card due to other issues yesterday (yes, I waited to the last minute, but so did she), and she's okay with it. I'll get a card today, I'm sure, and get it to her tomorrow when I return.

23. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Yeah... ahh i dont know. I thought I was alright last night after everything happened-- I talked to my closest friends about it and they all made me realize to look at the big picture of life. I mean it's a big deal and it hurts a lot but I'll eventually get over it... I guess. But then in school today I saw her and she just looked so amazing and I couldn't help but think like, I HAD that. That was mine. And now its all over. I felt like crap after that, maybe I shouldn't have looked at her but one of my classes it with her.

Today sucks...... but I'll just take it day by day. :rolleyes:

24. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Another way to think of it is that the relationship was not right for her, and any additional day she left you thinking it was right would have made things worse. The day before V-day is a much better time to lose someone than the day after. They don't have to act romantic, and you don't have to wonder why the day before everything seemed fine. As good as she looked, and as hard as it seems to realize this now, you have got a lot of life left, and this pain will be completely forgotten before you know it.

25. Xenious macrumors 6502a

That sucks. Here's what you do, find a beautiful stranger or friend and give her the gifts. Say something nice and don't come off weird. Play it cool. Who knows she could be the next one eh?

I get it double because not only is today Valentines, but it is my wedding anniversary. So my wife's new 20" iMac G5 is on the way from apple. Last year she was kind enough to let me buy my 2.5 G5 PM after buying a XP box 1.5 years earlier (we try to alternate new computers) so she got her pick of any computer (yea Mac!) she wanted. Love ain't cheap, but at least it has good taste! ;)