Valerie Plame's Real Job...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Sep 5, 2006.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

... Chief of Operations for the Joint Task Force on Iraq.
    If true, BushCo greatly damaged our nation and our ability to gather the very information we need desperately, for political gain.

And just for good measure, a quote from Bush's daddy:
    Scum.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Scum,I can think of may other terms to use but iam sick of the spin and lies out of this administration. During Vietnam another travesty Cheney & Bush were no where to be found and here they are doing the same thing they were dodging and hiding under their desks from during Vietnam. Whatever happened to getting the guy who did 911? Bush /Cheney are a discrace to this country and the constitution they are "suppose to uphold and defend.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

holy crap, i thought she was working on iran stuff. this is beyond outrageous -- it's treason.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Agreed- absolutely insane. I can't believe this- oh wait, yes actually I can.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You'd think more people would care. If only somehow sex was involved. Or, like, the death and/or mysterious disappearance of a celebrity. Or pretty, young, newlywed or something. But no, so no one cares except those who already care. Though that number seems to be growing, so I'm not too disappointed yet.

Of course, the fact that no one is really that surprised about this tells me something that is a little sad.

6. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I thought Armitage was more of a political opponent of BushCo than a friend. I found this article in the Post (arch-rival to all things conservative) rather informative.

7. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Whether Armitage was the first person known to leak Plame's name, the fact remains that Cheney, Libby, and Rove were all willing to compromise the JTFI's work and Brewster Jennings, the front company that Plame worked for, for political gain. In my book, that comes very close to treason, if not crossing the line.

And while the Broder piece you linked to is technically an article, it is not a news article, but rather an opinion article.

Also, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that Armitage is a political opponent of Bush's. He was a signatory to the PNAC letter to Bill Clinton, worked for Bob Dole and Ronald Reagan in the '80s, entered the private sector in 1993, and served as a foreign policy advisor to Bush for his 2000 campaign.

Doesn't sound like an opponent to me...

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Not a direct opponent, but the two of them don't really see eye to eye, especially on major international issues (like Iraq). Stood up for what he thought rather than toeing the party line, sort of another Powell...

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

And the impeachment hearings begin when?

Never. Neither party has the guts.

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

it's just that they cannot decide for which of the many offenses they should impeach first...