valetine's day advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twoodcc, Feb 11, 2006.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i was wondering if someone could help me out. i'm not sure what i want to do for my girlfriend this year. i want to make some sort of card thing on my computer. we are going to a Bon Jovi concert on the 15th, so we aren't spending any money on each other. was wondering on some ideas on what to make? i've already made a video with pics of us and music going with it

thanks in advance

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sounds like you got it all right there....just make dinner and you will be fine.

Bless

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks for the confidence. i want to make some sort of card-like thing. i want to put some nice lyrics on it.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Just write her a little note that says "I love you" and nothing more, and stick it in her purse that morning or the night before valentines day. :)

5. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Buy her something any way. She may pretend to protest, but she'll still be thrilled. Just tell her you couldn't help yourself. :D

6. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

I don't think that's a good idea. i don't have much money anyways, and she knows that

7. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Alrighty then.

8. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

but thanks for suggestion

9. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Certainly, have a good one. :D

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nothing says "I Love You" like a good solid rogering.

11. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Every girl likes getting things whether they are shallow or not.

They just wont admit it to your face.

It'll still make them smile inside.

12. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Sending flowers to the wife or girlfriend at work is always a winner. Not only do they get the satisfaction of the flowers but get to rub it in to every other non-flower receiving woman in the office.

Whenever flowers get delivered to my office, I love watching the expressions on woman's faces as they realize they are not for them.

13. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

All the while pretending that they are positively thrilled for the woman on the actual receiving end. :)

14. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

The latest episode of "The Office" shows a good example of this. :D

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Both of these ideas are stellar!!! Jeez, no wonder I haven't met any 'great' guys (excepting my current bf :eek:); I've never dated a Mac user! And twoodcc, I say 'Negative,' on having lyrics on the card. Unless that particular song is really really significant; ie, you proposed to her while that song was playing, etc. Otherwise, lyrics on a card seems like a cop-out. :p

And while I personally resent receiving flowers (why drop so much $ on goods that don't last the week?!) I'll admit that getting them in certain situations is sooooo worth the bragging rights. When I was at Cal, my boyfriend gave me a huge huge gorgeous bouquet of long stemmed red and peach roses (I prefer peach), I hauled that darned bouquet all over campus. :eek: :D

16. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Best Office episode ever. If you missed it...go get it....now!

:D

CP

17. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well we are both college students, so there is no office. she lives in the same building that i do, so i don't see the point in sending flowers. but i could go buy some myself and put them somewhere that she will find them.

18. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

""

19. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well the lyrics have always worked for me in the past. maybe it's just how you use them

20. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Coming from a very heterosexual male, you seem to know what you're talking about :)

And twoodcc, the music and pictures sounds like a good idea as well. I still have no idea on what to do for my girlfriend. She gets a rose for each month we've dated and our 2 month anniversary is on Valentines day, so there goes the flowers thing ;) So I'm getting her some chocolate and looking for what else I could get her... Hmm..

What song is going to be playing?:)

21. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

In These Arms, by Bon Jovi (and we're going to a Bon Jovi concert the next day). i've done things like this in the past, but this time, i tried to put a picture that matched what he was saying in the song. i hope she likes it

22. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

just to let ya'll know, i ended up making a website with iweb. i still put lyrics from 2 songs on their from Bon Jovi songs, since we're going to a Bon Jovi concert tomorrow. it worked out good though. she loved it (even though the website wasn't that good) i'm afraid to show it on here, you will make fun of me.

23. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i just got back from the Bon Jovi concert, and man, it doesn't get any better than that. it was amazing. and they played the song that was in the video that i made my girlfriend, so it made it very special. man, it was awesome.