Value of an older PowerBook 15.2" now?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by FinnishFlash, Apr 21, 2004.

1. FinnishFlash macrumors newbie

I've been offered a PowerBook 15.2" 1GHz model - the present owner bought it three weeks ago and now is selling it to buy the newest model :D

But what's the going rate for a machine like this:

PowerBook G4 (15" FireWire 800)

- 1GHz
    - 768Mb RAM
    - 60Gt harddrive
    - AE not installed
    - Combo (DVD/CD-RW)

It cost 2600 euros when he bought it three weeks ago. New models with the same amount of memory cost 2400 euros now.

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

you obviously shouldn't pay 2400 euros.....so.....less than that....offer him 2000 euros see what he says. If its too close to a new price i'd go for the new one. I have the 1Ghz 15" and mine and many others seem to have quality problems...so unless you get a really good deal, buy a new one.

3. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Offer him 70% of the original value (about 1900 Euros). Tell him you're giving him what it's worth considering it's been opened (10%-) and it's now outdated (20%-). If you want, you can start lower and try to raise it slowly.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Isn't there a website that you can put in the specs and it will give you an idea what is worth? Like a used car value. If anyone knows of one and could post it, I would appreciate it. Thanks

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

there's a Mac Rumors price guide. i had a look at it the other day, i'm not sure if it tells you value of older models...

8. FinnishFlash thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your replies.

Just a quick question: when do you think Rev B G5 PowerMacs will be released? I'm selling mine now and can't close the deal until a week from now. How likely is it that they're coming out next week? That would drop the value of my computer dramatically.