Value Of Mac Prototypes?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by TiMacLover, Jun 12, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

I recently got 3 macs, one a Performa 6400, another a 6100/60, and one Mini Tower 9600, these used to below to the creator of Firewire and where prototypes from Apple, they came in box's and stickers all over the macs saying DO NOT LEAVE APPLE, the 6400 is a failed prototype, though it works well it is a 6400/120 which was never marketed, the other is a 6100 fully loaded prototype, and a Mini tower 9600 with a extra feature on it, wide scsi on the board and has a external Wide scsi port on the back, all of these have no model numbers or stickers of the model on them, just a few notes on the motherboards, what is the value?

2. macrumors 6502a

Prototypes are rare to come by, and these are probably worth quite a penny. Espesially the old ones. You could easily double or triple the used market price. The clue is to find a place to advertise it, were Apple collectors gather. Put up a web page with pics. I, myself, would love to see pics of these nice puppies...

3. macrumors 68000

Spock

www.applefritter.com likes to see old proto's frome Apple if you want to sell they would probally buy them or at least post pic's on the site.

4. macrumors 6502a

Re: Value Of Mac Prototypes?

\

howd you get a hold of em?

5. macrumors member

Hello

Hello,

Do you still have them Prototypes? If so could you PM me.

Thank You

6. macrumors P6

Intell

You dug up a ten year thread. Why not just send TiMacLover a PM instead of reviving such an ancient thread?

7. macrumors member

I did send him a PM, Maybe some other People will see it and Post

8. macrumors 68000

Goftrey

...With his last post login being 5 months ago I doubt you'll get a reply anytime soon if one at all.

9. macrumors 68030