Value of Macintosh 512Ke

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by tevion5, Jan 2, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

tevion5

I am interested in buying a Macintosh 512ke and have found a one for €220 including mouse and keyboard, necessary cables and a system 1.1 disk with macwrite. Everything is in working order. It has some very slight discolouration and a few minor scratches but looks great. Should I go for it?

2. macrumors 6502

Are there any more?
    How bad do you want it?
    How often do you see them?

... if you answer "no", "€220 worth" and "hardly to never", then you better snap it up. .. or sit and wait a few days and offer less. If it goes fast..

Seeing as I have few of them here, if someone showed up on my doorstep offering $300 US for one, that's close to tempting. They are not that horribly un-common here.

3. macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

what he said

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

tevion5

Thanks for the info, although at this point I've bought it already and can't wait for it to arrive. :D

There are 2 or 3 more on ebay right now, all offering less for 3 times the price so I'm glad I got it when I did!

Living in Ireland, I'm afraid not many could really afford a computer back in those days so your lucky to find other people with modern Macs around here, even though we used to manufacture them for the whole of Europe! :rolleyes: