Vancouver Apple resellers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sikkinixx, May 23, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Since up here in the great white north (the great wet north here in Vancouver) we dont' have Apple stores so I was just wondering to any fellow Vancouverites know any good Apple resellers that also do buy backs/trade ins? I wanna get a Macbook and was going to trade in my 12"pb to Simply Computing and get the mb but the waiting list is two to three weeks! the bummer is I go away for a few weeks and wanna have a new macbook while I'm away (also the warranty on my pb expires while i'm away so i want a new guy before I head out.

I could sell my pb seperately but I hate dealing with ebay and all the mac savy folk here are quite tightwads with how much they spend ;)

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You'll just have to call around, Westworld may be able to help, CompuSmart almost certainly won't take a trade-in. Most retailers don't because it is hard to turn a used machine around and make a profit, and they'd have to offer some kind of warranty, which adds to the risk. Add in a couple hours of technician time to check it over, replace any missing accessories and reinstall the OS, and it's a losing proposition.

Remember too that Canada always gets our stocking quantities of new machines about a month after the US - and independent dealers only after the Apple Stores are stocked.

A retailer isn't likely to be able to offer you a good buck on your trade, you'd be better to sell privately. De-linking the purchase and the trade should give you more leeway to find a unit.

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

yeah so true, i got offered between 900-1100 for my pb (the trade in) which isnt too bad and takes a step out of selling then buying. I don't really know where to sell, maybe Buy&Sell but I hate dealing with people lol

tanks for the advice though!

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I bought my mini from macstation.

http://www.macstation.com/

They have locations in surrey, abotsfrod, and on vancouver on homer street (near the huge Chintz homeware store).

Great service. :)

5. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

6. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

do you know if they do trade in's? I just saw their ad on Buysell.ca and was gonan check them out lol

7. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I'm not sure, but they do have a used computers department.

Give them a call at 1-877-900-6227 (toll free). They're real helpful, I'm sure you could sort something out.

8. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

9. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I got my iBook at the UBC Book Store. I wasn't a student there but was staying with my (now ex-)girlfriend. I just walked in, said "G'Day I'd like to buy a 12" iBook" and the guy went and grabbed one, rang it up - got me not only the student discount but saved a ton of cash compared to AU pricing.

11. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i buy all my apple stuff from the SFU store, i wouldnt buy a computer frm them again because returning my original pb was a huge pain the in butt!

12. dualcore macrumors member

dualcore

Campus Stores (SFU and UBC)

Best Buy

Future Shop

Simply Computing

Macstation

13. dualcore macrumors member

dualcore

Best Buy

Future Shop

Simply Computing

Macstation

14. dualcore macrumors member

dualcore

Best Buy

Future Shop

Simply Computing

Macstation

15. 9Charms macrumors regular

9Charms

I'm sorry, but MacStation is absolutely the WORST dealer around here, especially for service. They are soooo dumb!! I could give lots of examples from people friends who've made the mistake of going to them.

IMHO, Simply Computing Langley is the best dealer around the Greater Vancouver Area. They give you a fair price for your trade in and they only mark it up $100 to $200 and resell it quickly. (which also makes them a good place to buy used Macs) The Vancouver Simply is just as bad as Mac Station.

I don't have any affiliation with any of these companies. If you want my sales guy, let me know and I'll make sure he treats you right.

16. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

huh? did i miss something? sales guy?

17. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

I've stopped giving them my business. They don't even return emails, nor do they call you back as promised regarding product availability. They are the worst! I would shop at Westworld, but it seems no one shops there and I feel a little bit uncomfortable to be the only person in the store.

I'm going to do all my buying online, and suck up on the shipping charges. *sigh* :eek:

18. SubaruH6 macrumors newbie

I have had horrible service from macstation. I would stay away from these bums...

They have no refund policy for hardware. zero day.
    I should have bought from London Drugs or Apple.

And they charge higher prices than ordering online...
    STAY AWAY!

19. andrewvt macrumors newbie

Acculogic

I got my MacBook from Acculogic http://acculogic.ca Their service are pretty good. They also do warranty work for Macs.:apple: