Vans Warped Tour 2003

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Jul 16, 2003.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Vans Warped Tour 2003

Has anybody here gone to see the warped tour this year, or does anybody plan to?

I'm planning to go to the one this Friday in San Antonio, TX.

I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking forwards to, since this is my first time, but hopefully I'll get to hear bands like Simple Plan, Yellowcard, the Ataris, and lots of other kick-ass bands...

And then the day after that, I'm going to see a DCI (drum corps international) championships thingy...

And then I'll be broke...

So, if anybody's got anything to say about the Vans Warped Tour, say it here!

2. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Make sure you check out atmosphere. It features slug, who is a white guy from minneapolis and highly regarded to be one of the top underground mc's. It's not like listening to any of that stuff on mtv or the radio. He's smart and has a lot of heart in his songs. Definitely something worth checking out.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i went to the chicago one, it was good times I saw a few of my favorite bowling for soup was awesome as expected ....

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Watch out, two of my friends went and got their wallets stolen. They found them later in the lost and found, but the money was gone. So just watch out.

P-Worm

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

yeah...front pocket for the wallet or wear pants than have they button to close the pocket or grab a few bucks and leave the wallet and all your other stuff in the car

6. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Never been but I'd like to go, infact any festival is kickass to go to

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not worth it to me to see a couple bands i like at a time that may or may not be on the same day..... (thursday, taking back sunday...) when i could see them in a more intimate (and much cheaper) venue with far fewer teeny boppers. ;)

even krazyfest is a little weak this year... minus sense field of course.

8. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

This thing is pretty cheap, for the amount of bands to be there ($25), and for people like me, it's a good chance to find some new bands...

And aside from the bands on the warped tour's website, there are at least 10-15 other bands who will be playing there. Some local, and some more established groups...

9. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

I'm back from Warped Tour 2003, and it was wicked.

Anyone interested in this type of music should definitely try to go see the warped tour if they haven't already.

I even got a guitar pick from Less Than Jake when they threw them out into the audience... It's my litttle momento :D

10. PlainWhiteTs948 macrumors newbie

WarpedTour2003

I went to the one in Pompano Beach and it was the best time ever. I got all acess passes, so I got to hangout with the bands ALL day! They're all so awesome and the crowds were amazing! It was such a good time and I even got to go onstage with the bands! I even got to go to the barbecue afterwards!

11. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

cool, the plain white t's are a pretty good band

12. PlainWhiteTs948 macrumors newbie

they are...they're so nice too. The one guy from the band was talking to me while I was shucking corn (i needed to help catering, so i could get the passes) and he was so awesome. And at the barbecue afterwards, 2 other guys from the band were talking to my friends and I. We also got to stand on stage while they were playing...it was awesome. And they were just so kind about everything, very easy to talk to and so down-to-earth.

13. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

While at Warped Tour, I heard a band I had never heard of before, called Andrew W.K. I heard them playing, and thought that they sounded pretty cool, but didn't really get a chance to listen to them...

After finding their CD at Best Buy (I wanted to use the iTMS :( ), I was pretty amazed by the group... It kinda reminded me of some 80's styles band, except he has a constant, fast beat going through most of his songs... I really enjoy them...

Other favorite bands from Warped Tour:

The Ataris
    Simple Plan
    Less Than Jake

There were others that I liked, I just can't remember their names right now...

And I also noticed, The Used seems to have changed their name to "The F**king Used" :rolleyes: :cool: