Variable mouse speed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Freexe, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Freexe macrumors newbie

When moving the mouse about, if you are moving it slowly, the mouse pointer hardly moves atall, is there a way to disable this variable tracking speed affect?

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

You can change this in the Keyboard&Mouse panel in System Preferences.

3. Freexe thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont meam the tracking speed, i'm talking about the variable tracking speed, in the setttings i can only see Tracking Speed and Scrolling Speed, neither of these make a difference whe you are moving the mouse slowly, I want to disable the 'variable' tracking speed.

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Oh, I see. Well, it’s not possible in Mac OS X to alter this AFAIK. This setting is unknown to me, so I can’t be of much help, but I’d have a look at Versiontracker and search for it. Perhaps there are third party apps, you can use.

5. 3D0G macrumors regular

This thread is 5 years old, so just wondering whether there's been any update since...

I've been a Apple/Mac enthusiast since the 80's, but the mouse tracking is the one thing I really like about Windows compared to Macs. I can’t stand moving my mouse on the Macs because of the variable tracking–it slows down too fast. I even bought the new track pad for my new iMac specifically because it seemed to move (and stay) “faster” than the mouse (both being on the same “fastest” setting).

I understand that maybe it would help with fine-grained pixel editing or similar needs, but for everyday use of general applications, variable tracking isn’t necessary, at least not for me. I really, really wish there was a way to turn off the variable tracking.

6. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride