Various Different game makers for mac???

Discussion in 'Games' started by slooksterPSV, Feb 27, 2005.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Does anyone know of a GOOD game maker for Mac OS X? One that works like Game Maker 6 for PC and RPG Maker 2000 for PC. And it must look nice. Um... I've seen the ones for Mac OS 7-9.2.2 and I've use them, but they are the worst. Honestly, the graphics for it are like pre-nes era, so yeah, I'd like to steer clear of that. If you have used RPG Maker 2000, you know what I'm looking for.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

Programming is really you only way to make the perfect game engine. I haven't tried any of the PC tools you mentioned, but I have my doubts they can do what I want them to do.

With that said, the only two good ones I know of are the Torque Engine and BlitzMax, but even for those you need some coding knowledge, need some extra tools, and a good amount of experience. There's also the Coldstone engine if you haven't tried it. Not that I'm saying it's any good.

iDevGames has a list of other tools. Check them out, too.

3. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

If you're willing to endure a learning curve, you can use Blender 3D and Dimension3 to make 3D games for free.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

ditch gamemaker and RPGmaker mate. im from an old game making community which use products like Multimedia Fusion, albeit to a professional level its still not real coding, but most people there just laughed at RPGM2K users.

apparently Multimedia Fusion 2 might be seeing an OSX release, and games/apps made on either windows or mac can be compiled to run on either platform too. and people say its coming out in April.

http://clickteam.com

^just rumors though.