vbSEO

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mergemedia, Feb 1, 2007.

1. mergemedia macrumors member

mergemedia

I'd like to suggest that you folks get and implament the vbSEO module. I use it on my forums, and it's worth every penny. Google doesn't index every 'dynamicly generated' page in a site with lots of ?'s and &'s in the URL. vbSEO will make all the threads in the forum more google-friendly, by adding the topic keywords into the URL string, instead of numbers.

It will also help ensure ALL your forum threads get indexed.

I'm not a vbSEO salesman, but it's an awesome product. For the price of a vBulletin license, they should include something like this, imho. But they currently do not.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have seriously considered vbSEO already... and don't have any problem paying for the product... but the forums are already very well indexed by google, and I am uncertain about the absolute gain we'd get by installing the product.

I've also worried about increased load on the server, and maintaining the product over time.

arn

3. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

4. Bakey macrumors 6502

Hi guys.

Apologies for bumping this thread - it's with good reason!

I'm currently looking into the benefits of vBSEO and not 100% convinced for the need to purchase it; I know there has been talk of vBulletin 4 having better out-of-the-box SEO which may in-effect kill the need for VBSEO but then again (!) there hasn't been a confirmed ETA for version 4.

At an additional cost of $266.00 (£174.00) is it worth the investment?

Is vBulletin 3.8 "good enough" with respect to SEO as it stands??

Thanks again folks and apologies for the bump!!