VCD won't play in my DVD player

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by xiaoxu5101, Dec 9, 2004.

1. xiaoxu5101 macrumors member

I am using Toast 6 Titanium to burn a VCD, the file format to burn this VCD is MPEG 1 Muxed, 320 x 240, and I burned in Memorex brand 700MB CD-R. This first time I burned, I just drag the whole file into Toast in the burn video section, when I click "burn", a message of "this disc will change to PAL" (originaly "NTSC" is selected, and I did not change it) came down, then I hit OK. After the burning is done, the image of the disk will show in the desktop but won't open with vlc. This second time I built the VCD by using VCD Builder then burned with Toast 6. At this time, the VCD will play with vlc in my computer. However, when I insert those two disks into my regular DVD player, the player can read both disks as "VCD" but don't have any picture when I press the play button. So does anyone know why the VCD won't play in the regular player? Is the way I burn the VCD worng? or the format of the file is worng? Who I can I fix that?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

VCD is not a standard DVD format. Why would you expect a CD to play in your DVD player?

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Your DVD player probably just doesn't like playing home brew VCD's. You'll need to "chip" your DVD player I imagine. My Pioneer will play near enough anything from anywhere ;) :D

4. iGav macrumors G3

that makes you sound dead dodgy... :p :p :p

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

hehe, I know :D :eek: