Veency Alternatives

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theaero, Oct 13, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

I love Veency. Controlling my ip4 from OSX is great. However, is there anything that allows for this more... natively? Like an application that transfers the display (and even sound, input, etc) over the USB cable? Similar to the emulator that is included in Xcode? But... with whatever is actually happening on the iPhone in real time? Thanks in advance.. this would be extremely helpful to a HUGE userbase, I'm sure. I'm surprised it hasnt been done.

2. macrumors P6

Intell

Besides the thing that Apple uses for it's Keynotes, there is TV2Out and DisplayOut.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Was always curious what Apple uses for its Keynotes. What is it, and how do we get it? ;)

As for TV2out and DisplayOut IIRC, those only transfer the display to one of the cables that has RCA connectors... not to your OSX desktop, and text input, etc is definitely not supported.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

dblpostiepost

5. macrumors P6

Intell

We, the end users, will never get Apple's niffty tools. Veency is the only thing then.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Shame. Are you the only person online? haha I feel like you are the only one replying to my threads.

7. macrumors P6

Intell

I dearly hope I'm not the only person on MR. But I try to reply to people's threads correctly and promptly.