Veetle and iPad: Bad combo?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 2Evan, Sep 12, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Jun 10, 2009
    Even before getting the iPad in June, I thought Veetle (live streaming) and the Pad were a match made in heaven.

However, the streams always freeze after 5 seconds or so. Bummer!

Veetle works perfectly on my Macbook Pro and Mini. I've tried at different connection speeds (8 Mbps, 18 Mbps, 30 Mbps) with the same result - frozen stream.

Has anybody been experiencing the same issue? Any solutions?

Thks for the replies.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2010
    I also had the same freezing issue the last time I tried. But it used to work perfectly before.
  3. macrumors newbie

Sep 16, 2010
    We're working on it

We know about the problem. Can't promise when it'll be fixed but we are working on it. Thanks though for the feedback.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2010
    New Jersey
    Why is it that I got an infraction for mentioning a site very similar to this many months ago, yet no mod is saying anything now? :confused:
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 10, 2009
  6. vcj
    macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2010
    Wireless N

Hey, I also had this Veetle freezing problem for a while (too long! :) Turns out it was something relatively simple: it was caused by having a Wireless G router. Since I have updated to a Wireless N router the performance of Veetle video has improved massively. Still freezes ocasionally, but will play a lot longer - before it always froze after 5 seconds.

Hope this helps!
  7. thread starter macrumors member

Jun 10, 2009

Defintively helps, thks.

Changed my router recently, and streams are perfect. Super happy!

Didn't know about the G and N thing, but was sure it wasn't speed related.