Venezuela in civil war in a few hours.

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Dec 7, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

My real name is Reinaldo Torres (mymemory). 4 years ago we electa for a president a very populist person. This person result to be a comunist and want to stablish a dictatorship just like Fidel Castro. This person has the support of Fidel Castro and hundred of cubans togather with people from the colombian guerrilla.

We have been warning the international comunity during the past year without any success. We did not received the support of any country at the moment.

Tonight, Hugo Chavez (the president) is souronded by at list 20.000 armed people in down town where the presidential palace is. The army is doing nothing. The information that we have is that the armed civilians are going to attack the upper east side of the city (where I'm located),, the malls, tv stations and residential houses. They are armed with AK-47 and over armament.

We do not know if we are gonna make it by tomorrow. We are specting to lost all power and comunications in the matter of hours, may be by mid night.

I just want all you to know that we didn our best in the most peacefull way and the international comunity did nothing. CNN sabotage all transmitions and is supporting the actual regimen. A lot of lifes could be saved just by the apropiate behaviour of the OEA, United Nations, CNN, the different embasies and so on.

I'll be back as soon everything normalizes.

Reinaldo Torres
    Caracas, Venezuela
    7:10 pm
    Saturday december the 12th

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Best of luck to you Reinaldo. I hope that you and your country are able to recover quickely from this mess.

3. vniow macrumors G4

I second that. For your family and friends also.

I imagine it's pretty scary down there right now.

Hope you make it out okay.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

This is some 'heavy' stuff, I wish you, your family, and your people the very best of luck.

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    every time i read about the troubles in venezuela i think about you and hope you're safe. man, what a grim situation to be in...

i had really hoped that chavez was gone for good after the last uprising.

be safe and stay in touch.

6. Choppaface macrumors 65816

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

8. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Good luck. If the US weren't so concerned with venezulan oil, this wouldn't be happening :mad:

9. ddtlm macrumors 65816

topicolo:

Ah hah... Big Oil and the USofA are to blame. Nice of you to make things so clear.:rolleyes:

10. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

ddtlm: my pleasure. Nothing is ever my fault, everyone else is always wrong. Right? ;)

11. ddtlm macrumors 65816

topicolo:

I am not familiar with anything that would justify your claim about USofA's dependence on Venezulan oil being the cause of the problems they are having, so I'm confused.

12. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Calm night

Last night everything was "calm", may be because of the murder of 3 people last friday in a plaza by a sniper that was clearly working for the goverment, the sniper is free again now.

The entire country is in stoped now, I mean, from monday the 2nd we started a national strike, no one is going to work and now the oil industry stoped too, the oil tankers stop working because of the murders of last friday, the country is without gas and the people are calm.

90% of the population wants the president resignation. The grocery stores are about empty, long lines to get gas in the few gast stations we have left, it is just like the movies of chaos but without the chaos.

It is december, the best season for people to recover some money because of the depresion and bussinesses are closed, even Mac Donals, Wendis, every body.

The only poeple working are the busses that are expecting and agreement with the govermente (one of those lies).

By tuesday all we are gonna have is power and that is it!

The president have being talking for hours in the tv channel of the state making fun of every one when the population is in a march wearing black cloths because of the 3 death, one of them a 17 year old girl.

May be everything is gonna be ok tonight too.

The US gave 74 hours to the goverment to come with a conclution, that is good. I mean, there is a negotiation table installed for a month without any real topic of negociation or result of any kind, just blah, blah, blah...

I can tell because of the lack of oil now the US wants some answers, very practical policy. At list we may see something good from it too.

The turning point of this problem are the captains of the tankers, they have the control of the nation, no one else. If they do not move, nothing moves in Venezuela or out side.

Thanx, keep in touch.

RT (MM)

13. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Im following the news about this... Take care man, really, do take care...

All the best to you

14. markomarko macrumors member

Don't take anything from the CIA

I'm sure they'll be there soon with an offer...

As far as Chavez being a commie...well, I've never seen a commie co-operate with the IMF like he has.

Try not to get bloody. Best of luck to you. Don't count on the US. Their preoccupied with Saddam. You will get no troops.

15. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

The only reason the US has waited on the sidelines until now is the fact that Chavez would let the oil flow if he is kept in power. Never mind that he's a commie, never mind that he's trying to take venezuela on a downward spiral economically and socially to match Cuba, as long as he keeps the oil flowing to the US and he's not causing too much trouble, the Bush Administration turned a blind eye towards him. Especially now, with the the increased oil instability coming from the OPEC countries, Bush is even less willing to release other oil sources, no matter what the cost.

You should be more informed on world events ddtlm.

16. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

BTW mymemory, I'm sorry to hear that 3 people were killed and that 26 or so people were injured. It's a pity that there isn't any strong international aid to help stabilize your country and get rid of that useless Chavez