Venezuela in war

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mymemory, Apr 11, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Today I was part of the biggest walk, 600.000 asking for the resignation of our president. A walk that was the siae of 4 times the lengh of Manhattan. As we arrive to our "White House" to ask pacefully for the resignation, several snipers place by the gouverment on the top of the building even distant from the Miraflores Palace started shoutting the people around me. I counted 4 dead guys even younger than me on the floor.

Venezuela is in a dictatorship, we didn't have guns just flags and our songs. You can see the details in

We need the gouverment of the United State to cancel every single relationship and trade with Venezuela. We need the intervention of the international comunity.

The greatest walk ever turned in to a tragedy never seen before in Venezuela.

If you have contact with any tv station please let them know what is going on, because Fidel Castro wants to create a comunist regiment in south america to later on attack the United States.

We never had a civil war in my country, I'm in one now. Tonight my brother and I are going to meet with some other people to planify another strike.
  2. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    you take care of yourself mymemory, we've still got that beer to catch! (y a ver si vengo sin mi novia ;) )
  3. sjs macrumors 6502

Feb 15, 2002
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe.
  4. mischief macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2001
    Santa Cruz Ca
    Keep yer head down.

The 1 thing history has shown more than anything:

Empires and their regimes rise and fall but the peasants always survive.

Get your ass to a Canadian Embassy and lobby from there. Going out in the street to fight an entreanched and well armed dictatorship will just get you dead.

Think like a Patriot. What does the Venezuelan government have for weak points? Do they have Wintel machines to be Hacked? How many Video cameras can you find? A frontal assault is suicide.........get sneaky and by all means STAY ANONIMOUS being "dissappeared" sucks more than just getting whacked.
  5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
  6. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    As I am writting this, the president of Venezuela is living to Cuba, two air planes from the Cuban Aviation has arrive to the international airport. The military is helping him. One plane from a private airport placed in the middle of Caracas has left with several suitcases with an unknown destiny.

With the impotence that the case deserved, we are watching at same time the videos taken this evening of the headmasters of his political party and some others shutting at us from a very long distance. We presume that people are living in both airplanes with a capacity of 30 seats each.

I'm watching the tv and I'm writting you this. The entire city is in shock right now.

We have information too that a battle still going on in the suronding areas of the First Palace by the people of the getos that support the president. Our ex-president develop something called "Bolivarian Circles" that are only strikes groups like the ones used in Cuba. These groups are organize with people of the lower economical and intelectual level and harm with military weapons. Right now down town there is a battle going one and we may see the results tomorrow.

Right now I can see on tv that people from the civil society are using their cars to close the entrance of the private airport. Looks like some people are going to stay, but the president is living by elicompter.

I can not tell you how we feel regarding this day. This is our nasty September 11th. This man came here, took a lot of money and is living now.

At list there wont be comunism in Venezuela. But there is some one else in south america, that is Lula Da Silva, a political candidate in Brazil. Now our mission is to prevent Brazil to end up like this.

Thank for your support but the night still young.
  7. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    New news, the president still here in Venezuela and the people from the air force won't let him leave under any circunstance!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll keep you in form, every body is so mad at him.

The tv channel of the gouverment is abandom, there is no one there!!!

This **** won't leave Venezuela!!!!!!! Every body on tv looks a happier now.

I'll be in touch.
  8. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    glad to hear from you

thought about you and your family quite a lot today.

the news on tv was not good-they talked about 9 people being shot by snipers. they also said chavez had shut down the local tv stations-wow...

take care of yourself-this site needs a venzualean correspondent.
  9. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    just write something everyday to us
    we want you to be safe
  10. j763 macrumors 6502a

Nov 25, 2001
    Champaign, IL, USA
    Keep safe! Our prayers are with you.

MORE INFO FROM ABC News Australia (not affiliated with ABC America).

There was panic and confusion near the Miraflores presidential palace as police exchanged shots with unidentified gunmen and rooftop snipers.

Riot police also fired tear gas at anti-Chavez protesters who had approached within a few blocks of the palace in downtown Caracas.

Late on Thursday, local TV stations showed pictures of armored vehicles rolling through the streets of central Caracas. One TV station showed heavily armed soldiers and armored vehicles around Fuerte Tiuna military headquarters in Caracas.

In another prerecorded TV statement, a group of at least 10 officers from different branches of the armed forces denounced Mr Chavez.

"We, generals and admirals of the Army, Navy, Air Force and National Guard ... we have decided to address the Venezuelan people to reject the current government, the authority of Hugo Chavez Frias and the military high command," said an officer.

"We cannot accept a tyrant in the presidency," said the officer, who identified himself as Adm. Hector Ramirez.

He accused the Chavez government of violating democratic principles and human rights. Ramirez also accused the president of "massacring innocent people with sharpshooters."
  11. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    It suck they have to fight

I love living in australia no wars, clean street and its safe
    sure sydney has it bad spots but it an awesome place to be.....
    for now:D

nah come move to australia and live a safe and very comfortable life
  12. barvow macrumors member

Jan 31, 2002
    Fort Worth, TX
    We're thinking about you

I lived through the same thing in Brazil in 1964 when I was a kid. It's really hard to know what to do. Just lay low for a while. In Brazil, the army took over and kicked out the communist leaning president and others, and then they became a dictatorship of the far-right for many years. So either extreme is to be feared.

Anyway, I thought about you when I read the news today. Be careful.:(
  13. Geert macrumors 6502a

May 28, 2001
    mymemory, tragedies like these happen far too often.
    Strange is that here in Europe the Venezuela crisis didn't even show in the news!!
    That Beckham will not be going to the WC soccer, 10 minute story.

I hope for you and the rest of Venezuela that peace will come soon. And somehow a non profit president or governement will truly help Venezuela out of the tough period that it has gone through.

mymemory, be carefull!
    I don't want to see your name NOT showing up anymore in the threads.

Tell all of Venezuela that Apple-users from around the world support Venezuela's quest for freedom!
  14. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    Re: Keep yer head down.

Unfortunately I wouldn't say always. :(

But good luck, mymemory. No getting shot by snipers for you. And keep us posted. None of the news megacorporations in the States really seem to care what is happening in Venezuela. Well, they do, but only to a small degree. Most of the news from the States currently pertains to the ****hole that is Israel. Oookay, I think I've pissed enough people off for one post.

15. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

May 7, 2001
  16. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    Re: Venezuela in war

I've never been near war; and the naïvety is bred into us here. I can't fathom what this must be like. Stay safe, know you've got a lot of people hoping for your safety... Our thoughts and prayers are with you..

"May the sacred curve of Her arm enfold you. May the stars of Her dark veil cover you"

17. j763 macrumors 6502a

Nov 25, 2001
    Champaign, IL, USA
    The Media

The Venezuela situation was the SECOND NEWS ITEM here in Australia on our part Government-funded TV Network, SBS. America's PBS network DIDN'T EVEN MENTION IT -- the same happened here with our commercial networks...
  18. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

Oct 30, 2001
    London, UK
    I just watched Sky, and read the report on the net at - it doesn't look good down there. As the world's fourth biggest oil exporter, a lot of people will stand up and look at the plight of the Venezuelans (unfortunately, your country has to have something of value before people notice you - New Zealand only has sheep, so we're screwed if something happens to us...).

Whatever happens mymemory, you and your family be safe...
  19. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2002
    The Netherlands

I've heard all the news this morning on the radio... Please stay calm, protect yourself and your family... please take care... really take care...

Hold on and be strong...

My very best regards

Tiago Carvalho
  20. pc_convert? macrumors regular

Jan 18, 2002
    Along with everyone else here I'd like to let mymemory know are thoughts are with him and the people of Venezuela.

We can all do something about this, write, email lobby your local politician(s). Individuals, can, and do make a difference when they are prepared to stand up and be counted.

These things we hear on news effect real people just like you and me. Show them your support.

21. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

Mar 11, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Like everyone else here I hope that you are safe and our best wishes are with you.

Keep us posted and I have friends at NECN in boston who will be running the story today.

22. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    We got the bastard!!!!!!

Last night about 3am former president Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias surrender, he was hidding in the Palace. Most of his cabinet is under custudy right now. His prime minister still lost.

The situation here in Venezuela is hard to describe, the population is fine, everything is about normal but we have to restablish all the power agai. The Congres was dominated by his political party, the palance of justice too (so there was not restrictions to him) and some other powers too.

At this point we condem the military because they react when the poeple was already dead.

All I want to say is that cases like this happen WHEN WE LEAD OUR RESPONSABILITYS TO OUR POLITICAL PARTYES. We should never do that. For 43 years now we choose the political partyes and then we leave them a lone, of course this was the worst of them, this adminitration last 3 years only (in place of 6), they create a new constitution that was violated more than the last one, the president took money from the airforce to buy a plane almost like air force one because he saw the planes of the arabs and he felt he should get one of those.

Well, right now all we have to do is rebuild this country, afortunatelly there is a lot left and now the population is more united as happend in Sep 11th in the States.

Lets go for it, I have to eat breakfast now:)

Thanks for your support, everything is about normal.

Reinaldo Torres
  23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I just read the short article on

:cool: I'm glad to see things may be looking a degree anyway...

keep us posted...
  24. mcrain macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2002
  25. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Glad to hear things are settling down. But I have one concern maybe you can clear up. Who's going to run the government until the next election? This can be the most difficult time. Good luck.