Venezuela... the greatest country today.

Discussion in 'Community' started by mymemory, Oct 9, 2002.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

To night I feel the proudest venezuelan in the world just watching the events on tv today.

We have a president that became a pupil of Fidel Castro. This president had a 80% of popularity 4 years ago, today he has 85% of rejection. Tomorrow the 10th, we are preparing to manifest the need of new elections now! and the resignation of the president... and now. Because he want to stabhis a comunist dicatorship.

The president thinks there is gonna be a coup so he has been sending the military police to break in to some people houses at 2 am in the morning all during this last week. Most of this people are from the military. To night at 7pm the military police and the venezuelan FBI closed the way with their cars of a mayor (or general) that every body trust and like, while the military police was sourounding him everybody in the street took over the military police and the FBI and hug the general and didn't let him go at all couse!!! In a matter of minutes more than 400 people from the buildings and restaurants came to protect the general and to kick out the military police and the FBI (in Venezuela is called Disip).

So, tomorrow we are gonna have our manifestation, we are expecting a congregation of a million+ people, just in caracas 40% of the population say is going (Caracas is a 6 million people city) and more people are comming from out of town.

We saddly are expecting some death, just because the president have been developing his own urban gerilla forces to protect him. A big sector of the army is against the president and about the entire population of the country.

Just to give you a teaste of how it looks a million people walking to ask the resignation of the president I'm gonna give you this link http://www.urru.org/11A/marcha.htm and attach this image. This was the last protest in april the 11th of this year.

You may see the rest of this post tomorrow on CNN.

Pd. For your information, President Bush is supporting the venezuelan president.

Attached Files:

2. vniow macrumors G4

Wow, I really don't know what to say except good luck in forcing your prez [​IMG]

Peacefully, of course.;)
    Even though that is getting to be less and less of an option.:(

3. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Thanx.

It is 8:30 am. I'm writting this because you may see the news later on CNN and their information is far for been realistic.

People are congregating already in the expected area. This morning we had reports that buses from out of town of people that are coming to the protest have been shoot by people supporting the goverment, 5 injures already but the people are comming.

I expect a bloddy ending today. There are reports of cubans arriving yesterday to the airport.

To give you an example, imagine George Bush as a pupil of Bin Laden and a bunch of afgans comming to the US supported by Bush while the military is in a 20% of capacity because of goverment sabotage.

We are expecting problems today and the days to come, may be a civil war, but.. a man have to do what a man have to do, defend his country. We do not want comunism and dictatorship.

I'll be reporting as long as I can, may be during the night. We have information that they may be a black out today in the city created by the goverment too, just to interrupt comunications.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

All there is on cnn is a little blurb about the events going on down there, but that was from the 6th. Weird - this sort of thing should rate a little higher I would imagine.

Good luck

D

5. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Mymemory,

Just take care of yourself and your family.

I wish you all the best!

Take care man and protect yourself. Good Luck!

Tiago Carvalho

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

7. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

The article is very very precise, we want to go to a full term strike but the goverment tactic is to create such ammount of economic crisis that people won't have money to support one day without working. I have a maid that makes $10 a day (and that is a good salary) she can't stop working for a day. That is not just good luck for the goverment, that is a well done plane of this administration to make people begging them for money as Fidel Castro does.

That is why we can not wait until august of next year to ask for elections, by that time we all are gonna be unemployed and no money to even pay the parking lot for a mitting or for phone calls or anything.

The goverment is sustracting all the money with a 16% in taxes and 100% inflation in less than a year. That is not bad governer, that is what they want.

Now, do not trust CNN because they are comunist, I have been in their forums and they filter all my comments.

Just imagine, I'm 27 years old and today I had enough money to pay the parking lot and buying 2 sodas. If this is my situation now we can not wait 3 ore months, the president has to resign now.

On the other hand, 2 people died today, they got shoot this morning, they were comming from another state to the march and people from the goverment shoot them. The same thing in another state, 5 injures because some other people block a high way with trucks and hide in the bushes to shoot the people. Some how the situation wen under control... after 4 hours!!!

Guys, this is how a dictatorship started and this is how people strike back. All of this is becuse one thing:

Lack of education.

That is why for me is so important that every body experiment different cultures and travel for long periods of time to other countries. Not to Bahamas or to Hawaii, to real countrys like mine, because even with the telecomunications we as hummans beens are very divided and our minds works in a diversity of ways and the result is the diversity of cultures. What is going on in my country can happen in yours, sepcially beign so capitalist because meny people can sell their minds very easilly.

I'll keep in touch.

My family and I are all right, thank you.

RT

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

When will the march be occuring today? I'll keep an eye on the news for it...

9. Judo macrumors regular

WOO HOOo

POWER TO THE PEOPLE OF VENEZUELA!!!

I hope your president and his minions get what they deserve and you find a rightfull replacement.

And also what Tiauguinho said, but don't forget to look out for your chosen family too (your friends).

10. diorio macrumors 6502a

Good luck to you and your country, I hope you can oust the government you've got and get a better one.

11. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

in Venezuela 10 people are more than a million

The march was ok, the problem was the podium.

There was about 1.200.000+ in the march asking for the president resignation and for a national strike. (Venezuela has 22 million people). Well, the president of the union (the asociation that drive all the unions in the country) in place of declaring a national strike until the president resignation said "we are gonna give the president 3 more days to resign, if he doesn't do that by the 21st we will go to a national endless strike". The people was so upset becuase of negotiations at this point. What would the 10 people said to this man before he got on to the podium?

So, more agretions, more decetions, whait until the 21st to see what happen and the best... the president is living for a conference in europ the 15th so, he wont be here by them!

Politicians are the nasties race in humman kind.

12. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I wish all the luck to you and the people of Venezuela may you find peace and freedom.