VENT: Nike needs to take lessons from Apple

Discussion in 'Community' started by slooksterPSV, May 19, 2005.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

OK, has anyone seen the NikeID commercials? I hate them, they are as dumb, and stupid, and annoying, just like the AAA auto commercial where the lady jumps when her car gets hit by another one (watch it and see), but the NikeID commercials are just equally worse. The one, I thought the animation kid was going to hang himself, thats like telling kids, its ok to put a nouse around your neck and hang yourself. Stupid commercials like that. They make me so angry. I just wanna get them off the air.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But Apple commercials aren't much better.

Some of the Nike commercials have been very cool. The football ones (ie: soccer) they did were great to watch. Apple commercials aren't cool, and the ones that was "sorta" cool at some point in time were the iPod silhouette commercials, which isn't the case anymore, of course.

3. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

I completely agree. The only apple commercials I like are the ipod one's. Apple's non-existent computer adds aren't anything to write home about...

4. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Nike seems to have been going downhill ever since those Dennis Hopper as the crazy ref ads went off the air. And didn't they also do a series of ads with Dennis Leary? I remember the one when he was going off about Cindy Crawford and it ends with "I think you hear me knocking Richard..."