Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 13, 2003
i just found this posted up on versiontracker its so funny. currently putted on my powerbook tell me if it helped u

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
you joking right, you didn't ask that, its just a little animated fan, nothing more

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Hey guys, this program is a Must for all 12" PowerBook owners. Keep your PowerBook from heating up with this wonderful utility. It lowered the temperature of mine about 5°F...

You should really try it. It really works!

Edit: Holy crap!!! Just kidding :D I just thought i'd post this, but after doing some stuff online and ripping a few CD's on battery power while laying on my bed, my 12" PowerBook has heated up like you wouldn't believe... The right side, which normally gets hot, is not nearly as hot as the left side... The entire bottom of the PowerBook is way too hot to handle... IT IRONED MY SHEETS!!! I know laptops can get hot, and improper ventilation doesn't help, but geez, you'd think this little fan program would do something :cool:

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
Haha...you guys crack me up...:D

(I'm the programmer of Ventilloo, also longtime reader here)

Anyhow, if you thought that was good, wait till version 2.0!

-Multispeed control
-Sound options
-Titanium alloy enclosure
-Blows every Windows offering out of the water
-Now capable of cooling to 2 degrees Kelvin

Be sure to check out my other stuff too! I've made stuff much more practical than ventilloo:
http://homepage.mac.com/solidmag/cv/

Check out danlab's stuff as well, he is equally if not more awesome than me :p
http://danlabgames.com/

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by MrMacman
More specifically it is 2 degrees kelvin from absolute zero in which all matter breaks down and deteriates.

Well I'm glad someone got the point!

Yes, two degrees Kelvin is indeed very cold! If you check your computers manual you will find it cannot operate in such temperatures. Do not be alarmed, however. The new version installs new firmware in your computer that initiates your computers built in flux capacitator, easily fixing this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.