Verizon Account Locked By Accident!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cheesesteak22, Oct 6, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I tried to log into my verizon account online and entered the wrong password one too many times and now my account is locked! I have been able to check my upgrade status through apple's website using my billing password but apparently that isn't the same as my account password. I tried to call customer service but they aren't 24 hours, so my account is still locked!

Am I going to be able to preorder through the apple website with my verizon wireless online account locked???

2. macrumors member

if you figure out your password then yes.

3. macrumors G5

jav6454

If its locked, then you'll just have to wait it out until Verizon re-opens.

4. macrumors 6502

The same thing happened to me. :eek: I was able to add an iPhone 4 to my cart and select a data package on Apple's website just by using the last four digits of SSN.

5. macrumors 6502a

Verizon login password and the password the Apple site wants is definitely different. No idea what you do about a locked account, try calling Verizon or talking to someone on their live website support.

6. thread starter macrumors member

I know my billing password and have never had a problem checking my upgrade status on the apple website using that. Is that the only password they ask for when you preorder?

7. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

billing password. This is not your standard password. It is a code 1-5 characters long. I had a similar issue today. You likely set it when you set up service but forgot it like me.

8. macrumors 6502a

If you mean Apple they also need last 4 digits of SSN, zip code, and then your phone number obviously. Verizon just needs the number/pass.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Ok, good. I just hope the fact that my account is locked wont prevent the order from being processed.

10. macrumors 6502

Yes. They need that if you have one, last four digits of SSN, phone number, and zip code.