Verizon and Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jtgotsjets, Aug 10, 2004.

1. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

Alright, I just got a Verizon phone (the AudioVox CDM 8600) which is actually a really nice phone (especially once hacked).
    The burning question on my mind is this though: if I get a data cable, will the phone be compatible with my iBook?

The hacking program on the site I linked is available for Mac, however, I'm also looking for iSync compatibility.

Can anyone
    a) Tell me if my phone is supported in iSync
    b) Give me a list of iSync compatible phones
    c) (the reason this is posted in the buying advice forum) Suggest a Verizon phone that IS compatible with iSync (I'm still well within the two week return window). I can't use Bluetooth (without buying a dongle), so just data cable is preferred.

2. jtgotsjets thread starter macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

bump? my free exchange period doesnt last forever!

3. Logik macrumors 6502a

go look at the isync compatibility list Here. If it's not in that list you may need to consult a third party application such as OnSync here. If not listed on either of those then you're outta luck as far as i know. My phone is not supported by either which really irritates me but oh well.