iPad mini Verizon iPad mini LTE

Discussion in 'iPad' started by amilewski, Jan 23, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 23, 2013
    Will it work to take an activated SIM card with unlimited data from an iPhone 5 (verizon) and use it in a Verizon LTE iPad? Thanks.
  2. macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2013
    [iPad Mini] Verizon iPad mini LTE

Should work. I do the same with my iPhone 5 ATT and my iPad Mini. If the mini doesnt recognize it, try settings>general> reset network settings. If issue still persists,restore mini with that sim card in device so that it registers the new sim card. It wont affect your rate plan, just will allow you to use sim card in mini.
  3. macrumors 6502

Oct 15, 2011
    It won't work. While it does with AT&T, with Verizon they tie the ICCID of the SIM to the IMEI of the device. Swapping can cause problems.
  4. macrumors 6502

Apr 9, 2010

Dont listen to the other people in this thread. It does work and verizon will update your imei automatically. I currently have my unlimited data sim from my iphone 5 in my ipad mini. I can also swap it into my mifi as well.
  5. macrumors member

Mar 11, 2011
    I cant speak directly to the iphone 5 but I can say I moved my Verizon SIM from a hotspot to a iPad months ago with no adverse conditions from Verizon.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jun 25, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Now that Verizon uses SIM cards for LTE devices, swichtcing SIM cards into other Verizon devices is just as easy as AT&T. The IMEI will update automatically.