Resolved Verizon IPhone 4S change 3G sim to 4g for 4g LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4GLTE lover, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 4GLTE lover, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

macrumors member

I was wondering if I could change my 3G Verizon SIM card to a 4G one for 4G LTE on my iPhone 4S. If it helps I am under a contract. Also if this would work where could I get a 4G LTE SIM card to fit my IPhone 4S from? Thanks for any help.

2. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

A Verizon 4S does not have an LTE modem inside and can only use CDMA 3G on verizon.
    Sim card has nothing to do with it. The hardware is not there.
    You will need an iphone 5 to use verizons fast LTE service.

3. macrumors G5

jav6454

If you have a 4S with Verizon there should be no SIM in there. Also, assuming there is, the SIM is not working with the 4S as 4S works based on Verizon CDMA network.

Only via AT&T 4S can you do what you talk about (and only on AT&T's network)

4. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Are you looking for LTE speeds? The SIM is not what provides that but the radio transmitters inside the phone. You're limited to 3G speed in the iPhone 4s and putting a different SIM card won't change that.

5. macrumors 6502

As previously mentioned in the Verizon Forums on Verizon's Website, the IPhone 4S Sim Card is a 3G Sim Card and is used for International Travel Only. The Verizon IPhone 4S is 3G only and you will need to get an IPhone 5 in order to get 4G LTE. This is my first post here by the way as I am a new member here.

6. thread starter macrumors member

iPhone 4S Change

Thanks for the help. I will get an iPhone 5 soon.