Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yossia

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Hi,
I am in a similar situation. I am planning on buying the iPhone from Verizon. Can you activate the Verizon iPhone from Europe with out a Verizon service? With a european SIM?
Were you able to activate the phone without being on verizon's network?
Thanks!

I don't understand what do you mean by activate. Activate is the term used to start a plan with Verizon which you don't have to do.

If you refer to get the phone unlocked, my guess is that Verizon is unlocked from factory. I bought a AT&T iPhone 5 without contract and unlocked it by iTunes and then used international operator SIM.

SomeFlyGuy

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
So I bought an Verizon iPhone 5 on Craigslist. It has a clean ESN but its still linked to someone's account... So can I activate it with a tmobile SIM card? I don't have the Verizon SIM card since it didn't come with it.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
So I bought an Verizon iPhone 5 on Craigslist. It has a clean ESN but its still linked to someone's account... So can I activate it with a tmobile SIM card? I don't have the Verizon SIM card since it didn't come with it.

You should be able too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.