Verizon iPhone 5S Question...SIM Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Texxy, Sep 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey guys, got my preorder in for Verizon 5S and I am upgrading from my 5. While odering, Verizon asked me if I wanted to keep my original SIM and in the middle of all the Panic I just clicked YES! Problem is, I want to give my iPhone 5 to my wife.

Does this mean that when I get my 5S I have to get my iPhone 5 sim out and put it in my 5S? And does this mean my iPhone 5 needs to get a new Sim?

I am confused but basically, my order does not say Embedded SIM like it normally would if I clicked to opt out of using my original Sim. Is this something I can just call Verizon about tomorrow and get all sorted out?

Hope not to confusing, goodluck to everyone!

2. macrumors regular

I clicked yes too. Have no idea what it was talking about...

3. macrumors 68020

The upgrade is tied to the phone number. Yes, you will have to take out sim from 5 and put it in 5s because in essence, that's what you chose to do. Or just take you phone to Verizon and get a different sim. There will be instructions with the phone when it arrives.

4. macrumors 6502

Verizon doesn't charge for SIM cards. Just visit your local corporate Verizon Store, and they'll give you a new SIM card for your devices. The only catch, you must have a device.

I tried to get a SIM for my iPads, but they wouldn't let me keep unlimited data. They said I had to show a smartphone device. From there, I could swap the SIM to any other device I wanted.

Good luck.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I was thinking that too but wouldn't the new iPhone 5S come with a NEW Sim Card in it regardless? Like I would already have a spare...

6. macrumors 6502

I assume all iPhone models, except for T-Mobile "unlocked" versions, come with SIM cards. I don't know why the Verizon online purchasing website asks you if you want to keep your SIM card [and, supposedly, not receive a new one].

7. macrumors 6502

lifeguard

HAs anyone received their new 5s and it not had a sim card in it? I clicked I wanted to keep my Sim card (I plan on giving my 5 to the wife) I figured I would pop out the sim from my 5 throw it in the 5s take the 5s one and activate it in the 5.

Now I am thinking I am going to have to make a trip to Verizon

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

It came with a Sim Card, dont have to make a trip, you are golden :) Just call them!