Verizon iPhone Orders Already Shipping

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 3, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With pre-orders for the Verizon iPhone having begun only about nine hours ago, it appears that orders have already begun shipping.

One MacRumors reader passed along this screenshot of his order status screen on Verizon's website showing that his order has been shipped. No carrier/tracking information or delivery estimate has yet been provided.

[​IMG]

In its Verizon iPhone FAQ, the carrier notes only that pre-orders will arrive "on or before February 10, 2011", but it appears that Verizon already has units packed up and ready to go and is moving them on their way to customers.

Article Link: Verizon iPhone Orders Already Shipping

2. macrumors 68020

applesith

The order status page is not loading for me. Looks like a lot of people are checking. Did they sell out yet??

3. macrumors member

Mine is showing as shipped currently. I have an 8 digit ACE order number.

4. macrumors 6502

Wow, that was fast. I'd check too, but I'm at work and forgot my order number. LOL :D

5. RainbowOfBeans, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

macrumors member

RainbowOfBeans

order numbers

what is your order #, our's was 216 & 3784.......???

CHECK THAT:

Order 216 is shipped

Order 3784 is "We received your order and it is in process."

6. macrumors 65816

My AT&T preorder came from China so it took a few days to send. I would assume it is similar for the Verizon preorders. I am surprised by people who think these are being shipped from local places.

7. macrumors newbie

Mine appears the same. No dates or anything but it does say shipped. However, I haven't received any email with a shipment confirmation if that matters.

8. NKT
    macrumors regular

Probably have a hold at Fedex, similar to other early orders. Won't be delivered till the 10th is my bet.

9. macrumors 68020

applesith

I'm thinking the shipped status on the website means it's packed/labeled to go. Shipping confirmation emails with tracking numbers will probably go out once FedEx actually picks it up.

10. macrumors newbie

order #394 also says it has been shipped

11. macrumors newbie

While that seems quite plausible, Apple's website does mention that preorders will arrive on or before the 10th. So it is possible that they will come early, but I will try not to get any of my hopes up.

12. macrumors regular

Freshmixture

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

My order is #594 and it says it's shipped, but no tracking/carrier info yet

13. macrumors 6502a

ciTiger

I'm happy for you Verizon guys but so many posts about Verizon iPhone. :(

14. macrumors 6502a

They didn't hold for the AT&T i4 launch. That's why they got delivered early. I would be surprised if they didn't do the same thing here.

Re. supplies. My recollection on the rumor is that they've been manufacturing since December. So probably a couple million+ in the channel so far.

15. macrumors member

My 2 iPhones have "been shipped"

Putting my money on a hold until the 10th as well. Would be a great reward for being up at 3am if it comes early!

16. macrumors 6502a

What do you expect on the pre-release day? You're going to see this again on the 9'th/10'th when it is opened up to everyone.

17. macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Both of mine are showing as shipped as well. No tracking numbers yet. Hopefully they aren't putting a hold on them. This would completely make my week!

18. macrumors newbie

I get it. If your aren't getting one or already have one on ATT it seems a little bit irritating that all of the rumors are on the phone. However, I feel that the iPad 2 rumors will start taking off now with the Verizon iPhone out.

19. macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I wonder if the shipper will withhold them until release day like Apple usually does, or if they will deliver sooner...

20. macrumors newbie

My ACE # is 284, and my order is showing as shipped.

No tracking confirmation yet.

21. macrumors member

RainbowOfBeans

order numbers

If your order is shipped was it an upgraded current line, or did you pay full price, or is the iPhone on a new line of service if its shipped?

22. Guest

I just ordered mine about a half hour ago - got the confirmation message saying the expected ship date is the 10th? Did anyone else get this kind of estimate as well?

That will totally suck if it doesn't even ship out until the day that I could have just gone to a store to buy one....:mad:

23. macrumors newbie

i ordered mine, can't wait:D

24. macrumors regular

Are you guys using the pre-order number or the actual order number via the confirm email? WHen I use the pre-order I get ...order recieved it is in process. When I put in my order 2339 I get .....We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order.

25. macrumors member

Upgraded lines. Ordered at 2:48am. Would be shocked if it was actually on its way now.