Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iliketomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
"The Voyager, made by LG Electronics, trumps the iPhone by offering faster wireless Web access. But in a nod to the Apple device, which is only available to AT&T Inc subscribers, it has a large touch screen and full Web browser."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071003/ts_nm/verizon_phones_dc

I'm still for Apple's iPhone all the way since OS X remains top notch. And the iPhone will likely get better and better after each revision...

GTiPhone

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Island Heights, NJ
"People who want a high-end media phone and want to stay with Verizon will certainly give that one a hard look. I don't know that it would pull anybody away from an iPhone," he said.

:D:D:D

translation: It's good. It's not that good. But it's good.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
I'm still for Apple's iPhone all the way since OS X remains top notch. And the iPhone will likely get better and better after each revision...

Yeah, because the 1.1.1 update was sooooo revolutionary wasn't it.

knelto

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2007
"We think it'll be the best phone ... this year. It will kill the iPhone."
Verizon Wireless Chief Marketing Officer Mike Lanman

Hahahahahahahahahaahhaahhhhaahahhaha

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
That's funny, I didn't see anything in that article that said Verizon was selling the phone unlocked.

Zing!

Good point. All I remember from my Verizon friend (who JUST bought an iPhone 2 days ago.) said how many things like bluetooth in all his verizon phones where locked down.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Zing!

Good point. All I remember from my Verizon friend (who JUST bought an iPhone 2 days ago.) said how many things like bluetooth in all his verizon phones where locked down.

seriously, my GF has verizon and she can seriously do nothing with verizon. With cingular i used to connect via bluetooth to my computer and just drag and drop ringtones....not with verizon!

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
seriously, my GF has verizon and she can seriously do nothing with verizon. With cingular i used to connect via bluetooth to my computer and just drag and drop ringtones....not with verizon!

I love it how so many people will post the iphone hate and yet not post that other cell phone makers and networks are doing the same or worst in a lot of cases.

I mean yah you can't do your own ringtone (thank you god!) but the ones you can do are $1.99(with a whole song) cents not $2.49 which a price I have heard.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I think it sucks all phones are going to start looking like iPhones, not as good, but with the big full front display. Can't anyone innovate besides apple?

emcviper

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
How do people forget that iPhone is an iPod?

I love this little blurb obscurely hidden at the end.

and a slot for 8 gigabytes of extra memory. The iPhone has 8 gigabytes of built-in storage.

The iPhone happens to double as a music-industry dominating iPod with 8 gigs of storage. Presumably, you'll have to cough up another $100-$200 to be able to get 8 gigs out of the Voyager.

And if it's LG, that keyboard+hinge will be trash in 3 months.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Zing!

I have bluetooth on both my phone and computer and I can only sync contacts and calenders to my phone; no music or pictures. I can kinda see them charging for ringtones because there is copyright protection, but the pictures are ones I am taking myself, there should be no problem with letting me transfer them through bluetooth. The only way I can get them off is to send an email message to myself, where Verizon can charge me a fee. The pictures aren't great quality at all, not worth any money in my mind.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
"We think it'll be the best phone ... this year. It will kill the iPhone."
Verizon Wireless Chief Marketing Officer Mike Lanman

Hahahahahahahahahaahhaahhhhaahahhaha

Right, is this the same Verizon where if you go in the store to buy a replacement batt for the last phone you upgraded to with them, they don't have that batt and suggest you get a newer phone although it's not time for another upgrade yet? Or else buy the batt online and pay shipping? That Verizon?

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
This doesn't seem that different to me than the other iClones that have come out in recent months...

I wonder if Verizon has started kicking themselves for passing on Apple's offer?

F4phanatic

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2007
San Diego, CA
I know I am going to be flamed for this, but I intend to buy a LG Voyager to replace my LG 8300 when NE2 hits. I am going to be locked into Verizon for long time, so I will get this, it's good enough, and it's the closet I'll get to an iPhone.

It has EV-DO, a big advantage over an iPhone, and you'd have to admit, Verizon is slowly but surely uncrippling their phones bluetooth, and their UI, I think looks sweet!

I can sync it with a Mac through Bitpim a free program, so it's almost as good as an iPhone for me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.