verizon phones that use iSync

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gmac07, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Gmac07 macrumors member

i already had a thread about the LG chocolate. but Im looking for a phone by verizon that will sync up with my mac via bluetooth. I was thinking of a razr but ive heard some bad stories about them. then i saw the new motorola phone, the krzr, the new rzr i guess. its pretty crazy but i dont know if verizon will have it. I would really want some sort of mp3 player built in just to have. I keep my 20gb ipod in my car mainly. (i dont like to have tons of things in my pocket). Does anybody on here use verizon? do you have a phone that is combatible with iSync?

2. Gmac07 thread starter macrumors member

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I have a Razr and it is great. Sync's via Bluetooth with my Mac. I have all my contacts and calendar stuff on it. Unfortunately, Verizon disables OBEX which is what allows you to tranfers files to and from a bluetooth device, so that means you can transfer photos and music through bluetooth.

I bought the music kit for my phone and i use my windows computer at work to load music on the phones, works pretty well. You also need to the kit in order to have the headphones, unless you don't mind listening through only one ear.

4. buffalo macrumors 65816

I was reading about the KRZR on Motorola's website and down in the legal print it says:
    If I understand things correctly, Verizon uses CDMA so the KRZR will not work under Verizon's network unless they make a CDMA KRZR.

But while we're talking phones, I also use Verizon and am eligible for a new phone credit (New Every Two). I'm currently using a LG VX4500 and while it works, I wouldn't mind something that looks a little nicer. I read lots of positive comments on MR about the Sony Ericsson line of mobile phones; any way to make them work with Verizon? I'm also looking at the LG Chocolate, any comments on those? I don't really care about having an MP3 player on my phone, but if comes with one, I wouldn't mind. Any other phone suggestions?

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

moto E815, i don't know if they offer it anymore, but you should check it out. All of the phones use verizon's UI which sucks except for this one...

6. Gmac07 thread starter macrumors member

yea i was thinking about the razr...i've been talking to more owners and now i hear more good things about them, reception and etc. so i dont know at this point. but when apple comes out with the iphone, for whatever provider they use, im going to seriously consider it.

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Are you able to sync to iCal?

There are countless threads about this topic on MR, but the OP should know that most threads will state that the RAZR will sync with iSync but won't bring over any data from iCal. For whatever reasons, there seems to be a few exceptions.

A lot of threads on this board also have unkind things to say about the RAZR.

I hate mine.