Verizon Releases Sales Figures for 1st Month of BlackBerry Storm

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by Unspeaked, Jan 26, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Looks like Verizon sold 500,000 BlackBerry Storms in its first month of sale...

LINK

2. macrumors 68040

That is a pretty respectable number. A boots on the ground personal survey shows them outnumbering iphones in my world by about 5 to one, but most of them are corporate devices.

It probably stopped about 250k iphone registrations for those that were on the fence about switching carriers.

3. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Storms specifically? Your company deployed that many of them that fast?

In any event, I agree, 500k units in one month, for a company that has a large portfolio of other BBs, which continue to sell (particularly the well liked Bold), is very impressive.

4. macrumors 68040

I spend a lot of time with employees of a firm who can order their own phones from the corporate store, but for some reason the Bold was not a choice. One day, they all suddenly had the Storm, and I was surrounded.

I am still happily using an 8700 and will switch to the Bold when the overseer allows.

The Storm seems like a fine phone, but Verizon as the only carrier would keep me a million miles away. If you must have Verizon, There is nothing else even remotely interesting besides the Storm and the other blackberries (which are now a generation old).