Verizon to Mobile Developers: Can You Hear Me Now?

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 14, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Very interesting but completely expected. If Verizon can actually get this up and running some of their phones are enticing ... it could promote alternatives for many of us.

3. macrumors regular

This is proof then that the iPhone will never go VZW. If the only app store allowed for VZW phones is the VZW store, nope not gonna be iPhone on VZW.

4. macrumors member

Good point. I didn't think of that.

I've been happy with AT&T, so no sweat for me. If that's true, that sucks for people who really want the iPhone on VZW.

5. macrumors regular

So what about the Pre? It's rumoured to come to Verizon in January. I wonder if Palm will give in.

6. macrumors regular

Gyrferret

So, you know that whole Blackberry App Store that I have pulled up running on Verizon's network just... doesn't exist right?

7. macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

This just means that VZW is going to have it's own app store on their phones. Other app stores will be allowed, but they will not come preinstalled on phones anymore. So if you want BB AppWorld, you have to install it yourself. Not too big of a deal, but I do imagine most customers won't realize this and will just end up using the VZW store. Will be interesting to see how phone makers respond to this and if they decide to make more or less phones for vzw.